Orange quill stem decals

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Can someone point me to the cheapest available :D Size takes up 78mmx5mm.
Im polishing up this quill stem for someone and to do the job proper means removing the old ones and replacing them when im finished. The consist at present as individual letters but all in one on clear backing would do just as good..

The other thing im wondering about it is it is steel?, (small neat weld and rust spots). But when i use fine steel wool and autosol it reacts like alloy in the surface blackens totally till it comes off and its left mirror like.
It is magnetic. :? Odd, ive never has steel react like that. normally its only alloy and Ti you get the black gunk with :?

^ is it nickle coated or just the lacquer causing it ?

and I may have one side decal left in the collection!

Archemist":178rf29f said:
^ is it nickle coated or just the lacquer causing it ?

and I may have one side decal left in the collection!
Might be nickle coated indeed, i didnt think of that :? i always associate nickle plating with chrome plating which flakes when it gets very rusty. In case it is indeed nickle ill go easy on it

I used the polish with toilet tissue (clean ;)) as the softest less abrasive option, using no pressure on a section that was quite clean to begin with and it mirror'd up very quickly. Does that sound to you like nickle ?, kind of does to me though im unfamiliar with the coating

After a pair of decals, so best you hang on to it and ill search eb's :) im sure something will suffice and the recipient will be chuffed to see it mirror'd no mater what decals if any are on it.
Save it for someone or yourself that needs one only, it's only correct :?

Thanks for the offer though :cool:

Did you manage to find any decals for your quill stem?
If so do you have any pics of them.

No. The stem was polished around them and quite successfuly. Since been returned to the owner.

Latest posts

Back