Axel length's for M95X bottom bracket's??

FluffyChicken said:
Someone said recently that the 116 was made for the downhillers (it was a ring option on the cranks) who needed the wider platform. How true that is I don't know, but they will have used chunkier frames I would have thought.'
The 116 allowed chainguides to be fitted using the lockrings to secure back in the days before ISCG. Shimano had launched the DH XTR Groupset and they were aware that the majority of riders would use backplate designs....

The MRP, Mr Dirt, DMR and Evil / E13 backing plates were 3-5mm thick and if you had a 112 BB you could find youself running out of thread before it was fully home which resulted in stripped bb treads (I know this first hand) so the 116 option was preferred. Many DH bikes of the era moved from 68 to 73 to 83 to 100 or anywhere inbetween - pity if you have a Giant team DH fro m04 with a 100mm bb.....

I supidly sold my 112 and bought at crazy expense a 116 fromCRC while they still ahd them - should have bought 2!

Any chain set will have two recommended bb lengths. It's down to the frame not xc, DH or front mech type.
My P20 uses the 112 and an e-type front mech. From memory M2 frames use 116 with a conventional mech. My kleins had 116 e-type and normal mechs on 73mm shells.

FluffyChicken":3sqbyps7 said:
stumpjumper1990":3sqbyps7 said:
No copy of the BB-M950 in the archive... :(

I'll take a pic of it! ;)

And i'll pop it in once you have.

Here it is!

Grotefoto-VHXANDNE.jpg

Back