South Bound's Funk Build (now without Funk!)

They still look amazing,due to change of plans i didnt need them but was a shame for them to just stay on a shelf,will look good on the FUNK fella :cool: ;)

They have always looked stunning forks due to the beautiful machining; head and shoulders above Rock Shox.

Yep, suit the chunky tubes of a Funk perfectly. That is what is great about this site, people offering bits that they think might look good that one might not have otherwise considered. To be honest, I still know bugger all about these forks (age, travel etc), but it doesn't really matter as they are pretty smart. I also quite like my glass patio table as a backdrop - kinda like a lightbox!

If only the bloody frame would turn up

Look the same age as my Magnums, which are either 95 or 96 but I haven't pinned down which. Right now, I'm thinking 96. Beautiful condition, might have to polish mine up like that now. BUT- anybody got a spare brace for these? Mine has been cruelly mutilated by it's previous owner. Why the felt the need to attack the brace to get the clearance for SRAM Vs, rather than cut down the offending part on the Vs I shall never know. :cry: :cry:

Gonna be a nice build I reckon. I would have bought the handlebars though! :LOL:

Which bars you thinking of? I will be looking out slowtime for something Syncros, but am in no rush. I might even build it before I paint it to check I like it, so this could take some time to finish.

The Bonty/Titec ones. Don't like the narrow alu ones on my Bontrager. Used to like my Bonty/Titec bar that came with my Kilauea, but it died (sagged. Have never heard of anybody elses doing this, strange), so wouldn't mind it. Plus if I decide to flog the Bontrager at any point, they'd be good on a Kona...

Ahh, I see. If you are in the market, do a quick search, there are several sets on here at the moment. I would consider selling mine too, but prob a bit battered compared to what you can get on here.

Finally arrived...

Right then, here we go!

Shown as packaged, hideous stickers not yet removed.

Anyone know anything about it? How I could tell what model/year it is? Where the frame number should be?

Attachments

• SB Funk Frame.JPG
    SB Funk Frame.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,382
Back