And today I did......

Today I commuted in the rain. Was actually a lot of fun -felt like a big kid blasting through the puddles!
I've not quite mastered the routine for the office in the morning yet - I take the last mile easy, get in, have a (cold-ish) shower but I'm still sweating for 10 minutes after that. At least it's clean sweat I suppose!

gmac123":3vsz7gn4 said:
Hawmaw":3vsz7gn4 said:
Today I sold the old Cannondale F700. I've enjoyed it for the last 3 years.

was a nice Dale Hawmaw, what's your modern thinking? still considering the voodoo?

Sat on the Voodoo Aizan 29er in Halfords today. The 20" is good for me although I didnt like the flat bars that it comes with. They didn't have any Bizango in stock although there are some in other stores around the country. The Bizango is a great spec for the price even though its gone up slightly to £599. I just dont know if I can justify it. I cant really afford it.
Ive got my mates 2009 GT Avalanche hanging up in my garage which I can get for £100. The frame is well regarded and upgradable , it can take a 130mm fork. I might just keep it.
Would need some 2nd hand upgrades though. £175 would probably be enough if I'm patient and wait for ebay to come up trumps.

Just back from Glencoe, the Macmillan Endurance Challenge had to be cut short when winds shut the chairlift. Shame as I was just getting to grips with the track, managed 6 runs in 3 hours which seemed about what most folk did. Weather was foul but the event has potential to be a real laugh. I'll give it another go if they put it on again next year.

Aye, it was running well with the new shock too. Head angle does look a little steep next to newer big bikes though. Need to get my finger out and replace the 160mm Domains with some 180s.

Worth sticking on thew calender then? What did you make of Glencoe? I've read mixed reports.

Could be a good gravity event for the macretro crowd - onsite camping and the cafe/bar's open til 10.30pm. I can understand why reports are mixed - overall I'd say it's OK but not really worth a trip in it's own right. There may well be good XC options that I didn't get a chance to see today but of the 2 DH runs, the Black looks brutal from the chair. Not even worth attempting unless you're a full-on DHer. The Red is challenging mostly because it's very very rocky for the whole of the middle section. I really wasn't enjoying that at first, felt like a constant battle not to go over the bars, but once you learn some lines you can pick up some speed. I'd stop in if I was passing and had the bike anyway or if it was closer I'd be there all the time just because it has a chairlift!

I picked up the set of hope hubbed wheels from the lbc where they were being trued. Unfortunately they have the centrelock fitting so they will be used as rim only. Meanwhile, the fleet thin out continues - another one bites the dust. Just the FSR to go but I suspect It will end up being sold as parts.

Went and had a hunt around the bikestation today, first time in a while. It's really slim pickings on the parts front now, one or two nice full bikes for sale (stumpy, marin team issue, claud butler tandem) but they they seem a bit spendy to me. Still performing a good service keeping bikes alive but it feels much more like a shop/business now.

Back