Gary Fisher karma project

Re: Gary Fisher karma project ** first ride **

Ok first ride update
It rides really well , not as harsh as i thought it might be :D tyres drag like crazy but that could just be coz my M2 and the FSR both have Fastraks on them and im going to try the riser bars too , feels a bit twitchy even with 120mm stem also made wrists ache .But all in all im chuffed to bits and cant thank Mark enough , your a star :D
oh i need to sort a couple of decals out yet and dont beat me up over front brake cable and backwards grips coz i put it together with risers first :LOL:
Pics update

coomber":hqkogp23 said:
Looks good to me. Very heavy?
i have built it with whatever came along so it does not feel too bad tbh , the killer are the forks they weigh a ton !! Its not as light as my M2 but i would guess at the 27 lbs mark ? i will dig out the bathroom scales an see :D

Paul.

I'm not a weight snob just curious . I have a 94 Gary fisher marlin steel frame nearly finished building and that frame weighed the same as my saracen kili! Fisher's are seriously underrated..

coomber":ulwbwz5d said:
I'm not a weight snob just curious . I have a 94 Gary fisher marlin steel frame nearly finished building and that frame weighed the same as my saracen kili! Fisher's are seriously underrated..
I was there back in the day spending a fortune on the lightest possible everything , thin tyres , thin tubes that punctured every 100 yards components that break etc etc . light is nice to have but i cant afford it these days lol !
I missed out on an Aquila before the Mt Tam came along , i think that was around the same year as your Marlin and was really impressed with it as an " entry level model " shame i was too slow , Gary does know a bit about bikes :LOL:
Paul.

coomber":12w91lbg said:
Still out and about on this one then mate?
TBH Its the one i seem to grab first ! like i say im working on my weight and riding little by little but im so busy with work and family its really tuff to find a minute spare to ride anywhere :cry:
But that aside im really pleased with it ,if im being super picky its a tad big for me but im not doing anything really technical so no great problem , i have gone to risers on it now for the comfort factor and i have to say the handling is really nice , but then Mr Fisher knows a bit about MTBs lol ! it does not seem as " dead " feeling or harsh as some aluminum frames i have ridden .
wonder how the steel ones ride ? Hmmm steel one eh NO NO NO I WONT LOOK ON EBAY :D

Cheers Paul.

Back