Raleigh Team 531 Lightweight - Arrived with pics

Just read through this after your post on my Avanti thread, that is a very nice bike, looks spot on.

B.

I have just read this thread from the beginning, Omg I remember I was witness on the day your Maverick was ridden into the back of a car, by said careless friend who I still see regularly.

Just checked out your bikes in your sig, very nice..

Anyway hello from the past,

Calvin

calorrado":15yfyle0 said:
I have just read this thread from the beginning, Omg I remember I was witness on the day your Maverick was ridden into the back of a car, by said careless friend who I still see regularly.

Just checked out your bikes in your sig, very nice..

Anyway hello from the past,

Calvin

Hello old friend, it took a lot of bottle for him to admit to it, he must have been pretty scared, but as you know we remain friends to this day so all is good and it's a good story to re-tell in the context of this bike.
We'll all have to go out and ride during the summer (nothing to strenuous) as we had some epic times BITD. Looking back now we were right at the bleeding edge of this sport in the UK back then but we never knew it, we were just having fun.
Bet you'll be off now looking for a Tracker to restore, quite rare they are and well thought of too. I bet your's would still be pristine if you had it today, although we rode them quite hard it always got loved, washed and polished.

All the best mate,

Carl.

Cheers Carl, yes would be nice to meet for a ride sometime and catch up, and yes I have searched for 3 years now for a MBK tracker, no luck, can't find anything on the web and I haven't even got a photo of my old one...

Calvin

Re:

Just thought I would add this pic to the thread.
Its me on my team at the start of a race in Macclesfield back in late 80's.

Re: Re:

durango":2v7wmark said:
Just thought I would add this pic to the thread.
Its me on my team at the start of a race in Macclesfield back in late 80's.

I should have put 2 and 2 together and replied sooner.

Jake Elliot, team member mentioned in the article. Cool. I reckon that picture was taken in '89 before Suntour XC Pro/Comp hit the market in 1990 as your bike has the older XC9000 rear mech.

I wonder if special products built you a 531 framed bike as you were a bit more aggressive in style (coming from BMX and all that) than the others in the team.

Anyway thank for the comments pleased my bike brings back memories, you don't know where the actual team bikes went?

Carl.

Back