Any odd questions?

Order a meal in a restaurant and wait patiently for it to be cooked - why are the staff called 'waiters' if it's me that's waiting for my meal?

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

I read a post which is in Classic Retro Road and it hasn't got much to do with a classic bike....pondering on!!!

You get an email from Ebay telling you the seller has shipped the item but when it arrives the date on the packaging
doesn't match the date of the 'when posted out date'! Why lie! Do these fibbers think it will get them five stars!!!!

Robbied196":3v884edk said:
Why are the brakes reversed on European bikes, so left is front and right is rear? It seems natural to have the right hand for the front brake whatever side of the road you are on. Do left handed people reverse their brakes?

I was told as a kid that this was because you're hand should be free to signal to turn right in the UK and left in Europe, which is the most dangerous manoeuvre. This allows the other hand to use the rear brake, which keeps the bike more stable than the front brake (although less powerful) while the signalling hand is off the bars.

Back