Few more shots to show the spec.

dsc0230bm.jpg

dsc0231uw.jpg

dsc0240jzv.jpg

dsc0241at.jpg

dsc0234h.jpg

Re: 1997 Dekerf Team SL - FINISHED

D-roooooooool!

That is very nice indeed. my ultimate steel frame, always wanted one BITD!

Lovely job, very nice, how did it ride?

matt24777":3so5g873 said:
D-roooooooool!

That is very nice indeed. my ultimate steel frame, always wanted one BITD!

Lovely job, very nice, how did it ride?

I have to say that it rode really well. The rear end is very light and skips across most singletrack and xc type trail. The fork is no lightweight but soaked up small bumps brilliantly. The 100mm stem fitted perfectly too which made steering spot on! Couldnt be happier really.

That said I would be really tempted by a Pace rc31 rigid if one cropped up, just to see the difference.

Since we have had some great weather the Dekerf has seen some action. Took my camera today and got some pics :cool:

I know that to some it is on the edge of "Retro" and the forks are positively modern but this is really a Doosie of a bike. Very pleased :D

kkng.jpg

mzc2.jpg

I took the third a couple of weeks back at Ashton Court, love this pic with the skyline of Bristol just visible. . . . . .

dsc0220sn.jpg

Stunning build that Luke... really need some Turbines with black rings for mine!

Interestingly, I picked up a 97 Team SL frame for a future build. It is different to yours though. The joints at the top of the seat tube are fillet brazed on yours (like my 94 Mountain). My Team SL is tigged for these joints...

What is your serial number mate?

Any ideas? Calling SR!

Serial number is DEK1009.

I emailed Chris DeKerf and sent him some pics to get the year. Visually I can't tell the difference between a 97 and 98 but I know the tubing is different at the rear.

Would like to see your one, seems like you have a load of very nice bikes on the go at the moment mate :cool:

My mistake... mine is a Team 853!

Yes, the cave is an embarrassment of riches at the mo.. :oops:

Well I cant believe I've only just bumped into this place. Joys of joys at seeing some lovely Dekerf shots with oh my favorite tyres of yesterday the Smoke and Dart. I'm lucky to have two original Team SL's 1998 & 1999 and still use my copper 99 as my main and favorite even today, its been everywhere with me - Moab, Picos, Cham.. very nice Job and nice touch with the Syncro stem and seatpost for the real retro feel! :LOL:

First ride of Spring :oops:

I put some lightweight fast rolling tyres on but think I will swap them over to some Splasbacks i have. Found these a bit less grippy!

DSC_0211_zpsabc2f16e.jpg

DSC_0213_zps438a0f6e.jpg

one of the best bikes I've seen on here for a very long time.

understated, classy and built to be ridden.

Back