Stolen - Beeston Nottingham 25 May 2013

richmog08":utzivwnv said:
Out of interest, did you recover the bike? I live in Stapleford, and use a lot of the local bike shops, but not that one as i've heard some suspect stories about them. Did they take your name and address by any chance, when you bought the bike?

How could you tell which shop it was?

Anyway I'll be keeping my eye out for you ;)

Hi Ratcapa,

As far as I know, there's only one 2nd hand bike shop in Beeston? Let me know if not though, as I'd like to check if the bike has turned up at another shop!

Still keeping my eyes open - not giving up yet.

Becky

I'm only aware of 3 bike shops in Beeston, the old Sid Standards, Mick Harts and the one down near the Uni. That one looks like the one near the Uni, which normally has bikes lined up outside. I've been told, unofficially, by another bike shop and some members of the public, that they may deal in illegal bikes. I'm not going to stand up in court and say what I've been told is true, but I choose not to use them because of that reason.

Blimey, I really really hope not :(

Worse - I hope the bike that I bought FROM them wasn't stolen from someone else in the first place if that's the case.

Maybe I am just naïve, but it seemed like a pretty normal bike shop to me.

Fingers crossed it turns up soon - somebody somewhere has to spot it!

I got bad vibes from the shop nearest to the Uni yesterday.... Very odd feel about the place. I was Offered a clearly second hand part as new... When challenged he was a bit offended and argued the point with me .. It had tool marks and grease on it !!
As I needed the part to finish a job, I asked for another, which was new, and it's cash only.... I won't be calling back here.
I'll be sticking to the quality bike shops in the area from now on.

I was talking to one of the local bike shop owners this morning, on the Sunday club run, and he confirmed everything I had commented on. He also said, that it wasn't unknown, for students to leave their bikes for repair and find that it had been sold when they went to collect it! :-(

Blimey, not good! Hindsight, 20:20 vision.

Can't go jumping to conclusions, but I certainly won't be going there to buy a replacement (or anything else, for that matter!) From what people are saying, it might not have ever been their to sell me in the first place :(

Still no sign of the bike, about resigned myself to not seeing it again now.

Anyone selling a decent mens mountain bike? Still want to buy my boyfriend a bike for the summer...

Cheers,
Becky

"Anyone selling a decent mens mountain bike? Still want to buy my boyfriend a bike for the summer..."

Give a price range/size guide.... and you'll maybe get some offered!

Back