Canti M system cartridge pads for lx br-565e

Spibblo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have some NOS lx cantis with the M type cartridge pads, they have the same density as granite. I'd like some softer pad inserts but can't seem to find any- anyone know of a source?

They are lx br-m565e see pic

I know I could just change the whole pad to a koolstop or something but I'd like to keep the shiny retainer as it suits my p7 nicely.

Am I right in thinking xt/xtr canti's used the same inserts?

Attachments

• DSC_2264.JPG
    DSC_2264.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 571
I know exactly the pads you mean as I have a couple of sets of M565 brakes.
While it is still possible to get the Shimano M70 cartridge pad inserts, as far as I can tell, there are currently no after-market alternatives available.

It's a shame really because the Shimano pads, as you say, are a very hard and abrasive compound which eats rims and doesn't really work that well.

I hope that someone is able to prove me wrong.

drystonepaul":1j62ojj3 said:
I know exactly the pads you mean as I have a couple of sets of M565 brakes.
While it is still possible to get the Shimano M70 cartridge pad inserts, as far as I can tell, there are currently no after-market alternatives available.

It's a shame really because the Shimano pads, as you say, are a very hard and abrasive compound which eats rims and doesn't really work that well.

I hope that someone is able to prove me wrong.

Thanks for that. Same conclusion I came to. I've just ordered some kool stop eagle 2 pads and given up trying to find inserts.

The shimano ones are hard, and mine are even harder due to being NOS, 18 years old and dried out to buggery.

I think maybe Swisstop make cartridges for that holder. But I would recommend switching to these:

trp_pads.jpg

TRP In-place post mount canti pad holders - lots of pad options for every kind of rim.

Get them here: http://www.amazon.com/TRP-Inplace-Canti ... B004XYJ41K

Not cheap, but excellent!

Back