Replacement pads for LX BR-M565 cartridges

I found this eBay UK seller with NOS Acor pads:

Edit, oops this is an eBay Germany link, but it's a UK seller.

I asked if the pads were still ok, and they replied that they have sold a lot without complaints.

I got my brakes today and I tried to put V pads in and a) they are of course too long but that could be trimmed, but b) they are also not wide enough, so can be pulled through. Too bad.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've had several of those Acor pads. They seem to work very well but you may have to take a bit of sandpaper to some of them to prevent them from eating your rims!

I've had several of those Acor pads. They seem to work very well but you may have to take a bit of sandpaper to some of them to prevent them from eating your rims!
Thanks for that note, really good to know. At 3 Pounds for a set of 4, even with shipping and import duty, they are really cheap.

I'm on this at the moment too since I also got some BR-M565s for my latest project. The Shimano cartridge insert part number is 8BA 9802 but I believe it's out of production.

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-BR-M565-E-1551A.pdf

I believe these Kool stops will fit, they're the same as you posted originally but from the USA site which has a little more information than the .eu site.

http://www.koolstop.com/english/ShimanoLX.html
Thanks, yes, the Shimano ones are out of production but I avoid Shimano pads if at all possible anyway because I find them incredibly harsh on the rims.

There are the NOS Acor ones I linked to above which might be a good option for you if you are UK based. But for me, shipping and import duties are about 4 times the price of the pads themselves, and and that cost I would just go with Eagle 2s if I can't track down the Kool Stop inserts.

Too bad, the cartridge looks really good.

Back