Can anybody help with the age of my Sun Worksop frame?

That looks identical to a 70's carlton International to me so could well be early 70's if they made the frames side by side and badged them differently.... it's the oil port that has me ?

Shaun

This is a gorgeous frameset, typical of the era. Look forward to see this being built up. Never tire of seeing nice old English frames like this. If it were me I wouldn;'t even restore that I' dclean it up and leave it just as it is - bags of character.

Just an update on this, the frame has now joined my collections and will be built up soon into a nice rideable bike.

Spokesmann":2jnkx731 said:
Just an update on this, the frame has now joined my collections and will be built up soon into a nice rideable bike.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this - frame has got bags of character that's for sure.

The frame is now in my workshop. Im mulling over what parts to fit to the machine, but want to keep it of the period as much as possible.
I've repacked the BB shell with fresh grease so far! Trying out parts, will need to see whats in my 'store'... The rame is 21" and has been said earlier is nicely painted out in contrasting flam orange and green...

P5290423_zps0c30622b.jpg

P5290426_zpse1346086.jpg

P5290424_zps67285f02.jpg

Midlife":198dgudt said:
.... it's the oil port that has me ?

Shaun

. . . . . . . me too !

I'm surprised that a 1970s frame would have an oil port and no rear derailleur hanger . . . surely, such features suggest a bike that would be at least 10 years older ?

Wont need to use the oil hole now as the BB shell is packed with fresh teflon grease! ANy further info welcomed though.

Some pictures of some progress. Cant make my mind up whether to use a old Huret of Campag Nuovo Gran Sport I have kicking around...

Just trying out bits for now...

P5310429_zps96657aa7.jpg

P5310430_zps62920110.jpg

P5310432_zps9f0dcac2.jpg

P5310433_zps57a7426a.jpg

Great to see the bike being built up, i especially like the Brooks seat, what do you use on it to get that shine?
Neil

Back