1993 GT Corrado > Richter 8.0 - Tioga build

Re: 1993 GT Richter 8.0

Someone else picked up the frame for me, so I didn't see it on collection. I was gutted when I saw it, but I didn't actually bother contacting them about it in the end. I was going to, but when I thought about it there was nothing they could suggest that was going to be a satisfactory solution and the hassle really wasn't worth it when all I was likely to get was a few pounds back, which wouldn't have made me feel any better about the frame.

I'm not going to do anything about it, just live with it. I hope long term it doesn't bother me too much - maybe if I manage to put another ding in it myself somehow I'll feel better! Once it's finally built up and I'm riding it I won't be thinking about the ding, so I guess that's all that matters.

As someone who refuses to buy a frame with a top tube (or pretty much any kind of) dint I would barely been able to control my temper with someone who did that to my frame.
Problem is that you don't know when it happened, could have been after pick up.

In theory it could, but given how careful my dad is and that it was wrapped in several huge blankets before he put it in his boot and then I was the one who took it out, I very much suspect it happened at the powdercoaters.

Time's ticking away, with it now only a month until I go on holiday. I spent loads of time yesterday cleaning up parts and replacing bolts, but still got no further with assembly.

Then I was struck by a horrible thought ... and checked the rear wheel OLD and it's 130mm not 135mm. Gutted, how could I have overlooked that for so long? I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what to do now.

Longer axle, extra spacers.

Might have a longer axle you can have for postage if you want to go that route. Should have some spacers too. Let me know how long your axle is and I can check mine

Thanks Rob, I take the axle out and measure it tomorrow, unless I find a different wheel and decide that's the route to go down.

Cool project! Richter-frames are real nice!

Are you getting decals and clearcoat?

I have a saddle left over from my 93 Bravado LE. It is the same model that was used on the 93 Richter 8.0. It is for sale if you or any of the other Richter-owners would like it.

medium_Foto_1.jpg

Good luck with the project!

Thanks Rahbari. I wasn't able to get the decals for it, but I'm quite happy with it just in red with it's Tange Prestige Concept sticker.

That saddle would be perfect, but I tend to find modern shaped saddles a lot more comfortable, so I have a Tioga Spyder saddle for it to fit the Tioga theme. I've not tried one before the shape looks good, but if I don't get along with it I'll probably use a Specialized Avatar as I have one on my Karakoram Elite and find it amazingly comfortable.

I'm just looking at possible alternative M732 wheels Rob, but if I decide to change the axle in the one I have I'll PM you if that's alright.

I degreased the headset this evening, so I'm a step closer.

Back