Wookiee's 1992 Marin Bear Valley

SOOOoooo its always the way! I've been waiting for another Zolatone Marin to come up and in the end due to lack of suitable bikes I went with this Bear Valley. However I have taken ownership of a beauty of a 1990 Eldridge this week! So it looks like the BV will have to go to help to fund the Eldridge. I am going to keep a few bits and pieces so it won't be a complete bike. I want to keep the crankset, front mech, STI levers, tyres and the XT canti's So I know that doesn't leave much! But basically it will be the frame, forks stem, bars, seat post, rear mech and possibly the wheels...I might be able to find an LX front mech, and the original 500lx crankset, cantis and STI's if someone does want it complete...

...So let me know if any of that interests anyone before I put it out to the masses!

Basically I would rather it went to someone on here....

Doug

fair enough doug, you can't have and fully utilise them all. first in line for the DX rear mech if it goes to market.

cheers. :cool:

marc two tone":36tsg4dp said:
fair enough doug, you can't have and fully utilise them all. first in line for the DX rear mech if it goes to market.

cheers. :cool:

Rear mech gone up north to Marc...

Awesome Bear Valley, I have a 92 SE that I've had from new, now totally clapped out, so will get the full treatment!

I love the look of those gumwalls, just as I remember them, can you tell me where you got them from of if they're for sale?

Bike is stripped ready for paint prep, just got a front & rear Exage 500 mech from Ebay in mint condition, plus the f & r skewers, can't wait.

Is your bike satin black with gloss rear end? From memory, mine was satin all over but can't be sure.

Cheers - Mark, Perth Australia.

MarinMania":3ulprgu9 said:
Awesome Bear Valley, I have a 92 SE that I've had from new, now totally clapped out, so will get the full treatment!

I love the look of those gumwalls, just as I remember them, can you tell me where you got them from of if they're for sale?

Bike is stripped ready for paint prep, just got a front & rear Exage 500 mech from Ebay in mint condition, plus the f & r skewers, can't wait.

Is your bike satin black with gloss rear end? From memory, mine was satin all over but can't be sure.

Cheers - Mark, Perth Australia.

Hi Mate,

The knobbly gumwalls are Panaracer smoke rear and dart front...and the slicks are schwalbe city jets...

...the Panaracers I got from this site:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a84163 ... =GBP&cn=gb

But they are out of stock at the mo but keep an eye out as they are due some more in soon but they sell out quickly!

Or they pop up on ebay every now and again but are pricey!

Back