The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

A good short loop around there consists of climbing out of Castleton up the broken road. West along Rushup Edge taking it as a descent. A couple of minor road sections over to Peak Forest via an off road climb then drop over Eldon Hill quarry. Then pick up Oxlow Rake heading NE, finishing with either the descent of Cave Dale, or the longer (and better IMO) descents of Dirtlow Rake and Pin Dale.
Then back to Castleton for tea and cake.

Can be made about twice the distance by heading down Chapel Gate from Rushup Edge, and up Jacob's Ladder and down towards Hayfield. Then follow The Roych back to the bottom of Rushup Edge.

This loop is also good in reverse.

Anything coming up soon in the NW chaps? :D

Enjoyed my first two rides (Lyme park & Gisburn) but with the Lakes ride being called off and not being able to go to the Long Mynd one (terrible chest infection that KO'd me for nearly 3 weeks), I'm getting RB withdrawal symptoms here.....! (And losing a touch of fitness.. :oops: )

Footy season finished now so no excuses!

Cheers, Matty :D

22nd June looks good for me. Should've recovered sufficiently from Mountain Mayhem.

Where are we thinking...?

Looking through my trusty 1991 "The Mountain Bikers Guide to the Lake District", something like Kentmere-Haweswater-Kentmere loop for example?

11.5miles (18.4k) "tough but rewarding circuit"

Or, I'm a Llandegla virgin so... :D

Think it's optimistic to say I'll have recovered from Mayhem, dsp is obviously planning to slack... :p

Manc to Chester on the Sunday too so I reckon I'll be tapping you all for sponsorship if I survive everything! ;)

Almost got a decent loop sorted for Delamere but could probably do with one more recce or mrlee's input (the only knowledgeable soul I'm aware of) and I doubt he'll be able to make a Saturday...

Llandegla is always lots of fun in a rollercoastery sort of way!

Back