1993 Trek Singletrack 950

antiseptic

Dirt Disciple
I picked this bike up at an auction for £20 about a month ago, after doing some research it turns out it is a vintage MTB, something I never knew existed until now.
I cleaned it up a bit, serviced it, replaced the knackered saddle and took pics as it is.
I've since sold my 'other' bike, Saracen Pylon 8 that I bought new around 5 years ago, the Trek is a keeper.
It had a Mavic 231 rear wheel and an Araya front, not being a pair from the same manufacturer offended me so I tried to find their opposing wheel to make a pair, I managed to get an Araya rear wheel. I would have liked to match the Mavic, oh well hope to sell it to recoup the cost of the Araya.

Link to pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Nice clean lookinf bike you got there :)

I do have one question though: does that rear brake actually work? - there seems to be very little outer cable showing between the seat clamp and the link wire button...

EDIT: Is the Araya rim narrower than the old Mavic? - this would explain the rear brake & you should look into getting a shorter link wire.

Thanks.

Yes the brake works, it was on the Mavic when I took these pics, I still have a working (just) brake since I changed to the 6mm wider Araya but I became offended again (o; this time it was the brake not closing in as much, so I have a shorter link wire on it's way in the post :D

Back