How can I date my GT bikes please?

zooma5949":27ovdnos said:
Barneyballbags":27ovdnos said:
I'll have the Zaskar off you if you ever decide to sell it!

As a matter of interest - what sort of price would my 16" polished Zaskar be worth?

It has hardly ever been ridden - and never in the wet or any mud - and does not look a lot different to a brand new bike - but it has been kept nice and clean at all times!.

It has full XT groupset and at the moment is fitted with yellow Judy SL forks, but I can fit the original GT forks back on the bike - (these have never been used) - so I guess I need some idea of the price with the Judy's fitted and with the original forks fitted.

tonedeaf101":2221dbtk said:
£400-£450 I reckon. Just depends who is looking for one at the time I guess.

Nice LE by the way - what was the difference between the Zaskar like mine and the LE like yours?

zooma5949":2j6bjhbr said:
tonedeaf101":2j6bjhbr said:
£400-£450 I reckon. Just depends who is looking for one at the time I guess.

Nice LE by the way - what was the difference between the Zaskar like mine and the LE like yours?

The sticker. Nothing in the frame itself, as a whole bike zaskar le came with higher spec components. ALso depending o the year they come in different colours/finishes.

Thanks for the info - I had been told that the LE was longer than the Zaskar.

My 16" Zaskar is polished and came with a full XT group set, so I am guessing it must be the same as most LE models, and if the decals were changed - impossible to tell if it was an LE or not.......but this something I wont be doing as mine is still pretty much "mint" and I really like the way it looks.

I still ride my Zaskar more than any other bike, and when I go away in the camper, it is the only one I choose to take with me !

yeah the LE came with XTR and the other with XT.
Looking at the 96 catalogue they are pretty much the same spec apart from a judy SL vs judy XC fork and XTR vs XT.
Same rims/spokes/hubs/tires
Same handle bar and stem (Titanium Ti Tech handle bar!)
LE had titanium BB over XT Bottom Bracket
Flite saddle on the LE vs Vetta AT
Kore seatpost with a ti bolt alloy collar vs no name post with a quick release GT branded collar.

Onbkly difference in the frame are the LE only came in Ball Burnished where the regular one came in that or anodized red (A mate had that red frame, 1st Zaskar I ever saw in the metal and only one I ever rode till my re-issue...he broke it and was replaced with a frost red 97 I think or it could be the other way around...)

Back