Lycra Lovers

We use lycra, can't beat a good pair of lycra shorts, we have always gone with Endura, not the most expensive but we have no trouble with them and, when he isn't busting his bikes my hubby uses them every day. I've never tried bib shorts, not sure how quick they are to get off when your caught short on a long ride though :)

Alison

Isaac_AG":205kdxj8 said:
We use lycra, can't beat a good pair of lycra shorts, we have always gone with Endura, not the most expensive but we have no trouble with them and, when he isn't busting his bikes my hubby uses them every day. I've never tried bib shorts, not sure how quick they are to get off when your caught short on a long ride though :)

Alison

It's a bit easier for us blokes - I just nip behind a hedge and pull my bibshorts out and down as appropriate without actually taking them off. Although you do need material with a bit of "give" in it for this, plus it only applies to Number Ones.

David

Not sure about bib shorts... I've only ever used "normal" ones but have both kinds of longs and although it's true that the bib type are more comfortable at the waist, they definitely make your lower back more sweaty which I really hate. Not such a problem with tights as I only wear them when it's freezing anyway, but I don't fancy any extra layers on my back in the summer time.

All these POVs are useful. Thanks. Keep them coming

so far I think I'm veering towards padded shorts rather than bibs. Too many 1970s wrestling World of Sport Saturday afternoon vibes coming off them for me.

Are padded liners ok for the purpose i've described as they'll never see the light of day?

The History Man":8c93rpe7 said:
Are padded liners ok for the purpose i've described as they'll never see the light of day?

Yep, I've got the Endura baggies that have a removable liner that attaches to the shorts with pop stud and they are fine. I also have a couple of pairs of padded boxers that I picked up in TK Maxx of all places.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
2nd hand underwear?! :facepalm:

On a serious note they will be OK for MTB duties of maybe 30 mile or so.

Going further / all day you would notice a better pad and better fit of decent bibs.

Back