Votec German mountain bike: Info?

fadetoblack6902

Dirt Disciple
I recently picked up this cool Votec, but there's practically zero info about it out there. I know this was the company that made the Porsche bikes, and it seems very similar to the Porsche F.S. I read that it has a feature the Porsche doesn't, called a Power Stroker? Does anyone have any information on this bike? Thanks!

Like yours? The Porsche comes closest. It's the only one I know with the top tube ending in the suspension mount and the seat tube support going upwards from there.

100501s_porsche.bike.jpg

However there are several differences still. The reinforcement tube between the shock top-mount area and the swingarm pivot area is different. In fact the Porsche doesn't even have a tube there but 2 plates that end up in the middle of the downtube.
Also, on the Porsche the BB shell is part of the main frame, on yours it's not. That alone is a feature I haven't seen on any other Votec before.

All the other Votec frames that have that "shock passes through the dual seattube" arrangement, have the shock ending on the downtube and use a single top tube.

It could be a one-off. Some experiment that didn't have the desired results, or just a proof of concept, a bike built specifically for a certain bike show, or a dream bike that some engineer there thought up and built for himself. With brands like Votec you just don't know. They didn't really have an assembly line BITD, so they had the ability to do crazy stuff. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask Votec themselves.

Back