Any way to reinstate 'Buy it now'

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got my Ciocc road frame listed on ebay at the moment and just as I'd answered a buyers questions and he was about to hit the 'Buy it now' button :) Someone else bid and it hit its reserve so the 'Buy it now' dissappeared :?

Leaving me with someone who wants to pay the buy it now price and seemingly no way of reinstating it :? the buy it now was £135 its on £75 now and runs until Sunday evening :?

What are my options ebay experts, what would you do :)

Cheers
Steve

well there's ways and ways...

you could cancel the auction and sell it to him outside of ebay (not quite in the spirit of ebay, but hey it's a dog eat dog world!).

you could cancel the auction and relist it with the buy it now and a reserve as this makes the buy it now stay until reserve is met (I think) then invite him to bu yit now.

Personally I would do the former. I've never understood why the Buy It Now has to disappear with the first 99p bid :roll:

If he is keen and does cash on collection or paypal i'd sell it to him and cancel the auction, relisting will incur more ebay fees.

Why don't you tell the guy to bid the "Buy it Now" amount, and hope for the best. The worst case is you he does not win, and you get more cash.

Cancelling auctions leave a bad taste in my mouth.

orange71":2cenrin0 said:
well there's ways and ways...

you could cancel the auction and sell it to him outside of ebay (not quite in the spirit of ebay, but hey it's a dog eat dog world!). :roll:

Contact him and ask him to pay outside of Da Bay :cool:
If he agrees, cancel it. The worst that'll happen is he doesn't pay and you have to re-list, with a reserve AND buy-it-now button ;)

Cheers everyone ;) decided to let it run in the end and it all turned out o.k ;) he won it in the end and saved himself 1p :D

Back