Finished and new pics! Nishiki Ariel

So far it is ready!

The only missing parts are the pedals and those will be remade this weekend :D Polished the housing but the cage still needs some work.

I took a quick pic with my phone to show her to the world.

A quick list:

Nishiki Ariel frame with fork, designed by Richard Cunningham.
Deore DX headset, brake/shifter combo, front/rear mech and hubs. Brakes are DX too but with Ritchey pads. Crankset is a (now) polished Tioga Revolver with Shimano rings. Frontbrake is ecuiped with a Suntour Powerhanger for "brutal" brakeforce.
Spokes and nipples are DT Competition 1, rims are Bontrager BCR2.
Tires made by Motivator (now IRC) size 26"x 2.10
Seatpost Tioga DL2001, stem Tioga Tbone superlite, bar Tioga DL2001, grips ODI's and barends Tioga Powerstuds.
Seat is a NOS Selle Turbo in black.
All wires are new and Shimano, brakewires are the nice fat ones.

This weekend I will shoot some nice pics in the light.

Thanks for watching my project so far!

Hi Grobbebol,

Very nice rig you got there. Proper built. Looking forward to the decent pics :cool: ...and please do show them in your post

So what will happen with the other frame now?

- Melvin

Because of extreme bad weather I have to postpone my fotoshoot. Maybe in the afternoon it will be better :roll:

It's not that I'm scared by some raindrops but hey...my camera is ;)

@Elev12K: the old frame is stored for now, maybe I hang it on the wall but for now I don't have any space.

Yeah, weather sucks :(

I like all the Tioga parts btw ...and the Turbo seat is a very desirable piece. I have 2 now: a used black & a mint white :cool:

Where did you get the Suntour Powerhanger???

- Melvin

The Powerhanger comes from eBay, a few months ago.

I bought two because I also have a almost complete Suntour XC Pro group waiting to be installed...rearbrake is the Pederson patented system but the front needs a hanger to match the rear.

But that;s future talk :)

nice job Grobbebol. i like the original e-stay bikes. i think i see from your crank pics its got the little black pulley at the seat tube bottom for front der cable? yes?

That's right Stevemar!

Those wheels are made to stop working in serious dirt :? but this model needs one. I hope to shoot some pics soon but eh...I found some new pedals on the bay of secondhand heaven and hope they arive soon...that should be the last part to change...oh well, maybe the tires will go too hahahaha, still got some Tioga's in white :twisted:

Finished!

There she is! Shining in the sunlight with her polished parts and the fluor fonttype. Took her out for a ride...kinda strange! The fork is almost under the frame, that's how it feels. Steering is extreme direct resulting in a drunken man riding style but after a couple of miles it became better. To steer it round a corner is still scary because the tires are so soft, they change shape easely. In the dirt it will do better but on the road it's like pudding :?

Nishiki Ariel 1992, Richard Cunningham designed.
Frame and fork made from 4031 Thinwall chromo. Color is unknown but brown grey glitter something comes close.
Groupset Shimano Deore DX exept crankset and pedals, those are a Tioga Revolver with Shimano blades and a pair of Tioga Surefoot VI with straps.
Handlebar is Tioga chromo, stem Tioga Avenger Tbone superlite, grips are ODI's and the barends Tioga Powerstuds with extra gripmaterila. Seatpost is Tioga DL2001. Seat is a black Selle Turbo (on the pics it seems like the fabric is loose, just the hairs of the fabrik that change direction).
Brakes are DX with Ritchey Koolstop brakepads, frontbrake is assisted with a Suntour Powerhanger. All wires are brandnew in and out and original DX. Hubs are DX, DT spokes and nipples with Bontrager Weinmann BCR2 rims. Tires are Motivators 26X2.10 in a not so good condition (maybe to be swapped for Tioga Psycho's in white).

This is almost the bike I used to ride back in the days. Size is different and so are the pedals and bar ends. I used to have the Surefoot V but can't get my hands on a pair. The bar ends I simply can't remember and this comes close.

Thanks for watching!

Nanne.

Hi Nanne,

And you think amber Psychos are not like pudding?? ;)

It seems you strived pretty consequent for an original specs build, cables included. The Revolvers aren't original spec of course, but hey, don't hurt :cool:

Nice ride!

Back