Merlin

one other combination and I think I am fine with this combi :D ..however the elastomeres of Manitou are as good as dead :(

merlin33.jpg

merlin34.jpg

merlin35.jpg

merlin36.jpg

merlin37.jpg

i like the Pace forks i'm sure you wont find a better looking fork than that for this build, looks spot on in your photos :D :cool:

very nice build :cool:

Pace sus or curved black steel, they are the only options in my opinion, I know you could get it with a Tange Switchblade but I don't think it looks right. I have a Tange curved black fork similar looking to the Ritchey version lined up for my Merlin.

It's coming along nicely keep it up. :cool:

thank you guys for your suggestions :D

To be honest I have great plans for this Merlin but currently not enough time to realize that.
Eventually it will get a titanium forks (but things are extremely expensive) and also few small red parts ...I might completely change my approach :cool:

But the bike season begins at last and I want to ride it, so I will go with the manitou and use some xt parts.
...also I would like to polish the frame at some point and use new decals.

now I got the missing parts

this ?

merlin38.jpg

or this ?

merlin39.jpg

..of course I'll take for a '91 Merlin the xt 732 cantis (the best cantilevers shimano has ever made)

just an option I want to test it, I would like to try out a Kona P2 :D

Anyone who has a 1-inch titanium kona p2 forks for this Merlin? :mrgreen:
I think there were only a couple of titanium P2, right? :roll:

it's annoying when you wait weeks on a 1 inch steerer kona p2 and instead you get a 1 1/8 inch fork :shock: :( :twisted:

merlin40.jpg

I think the Englishman can't do anything with inch dimension, right? :mrgreen: (but actually they have invented this size unit)

Too bad, it would have been perfect, the titanium finish of this fork fits incredibly well with Merlin.

now I'm sad and have to look any further. :(

Back