AA batteries

Tesco/Morrison's/richer sounds/b&q/sainsburys. The large bulk 12 or 24 packs sort of thing.
Alkaline of course. Don't get zinc ones.

Probably about 4 are 5 quid. Think b&q had some offers on theirs last tome

simple, ebay. I got a four pack of Duracell 9v's wit 4 years until expiry date for £3 posted!!!!!

Is that how you spell expiry?

careful now":xbvqzls3 said:
Get one of those big square ones with springs on top,smash it up,inside is loads of AAs.

Check the maths first,but when I did it,it worked out cheaper,and I got to smash something up,win-win situation.

Totally untrue, you've been tricked by the interwebs (youtube).

:facepalm:

They're actually 4 large cells wired in series to produce 6V.

I used to buy all my batteries from Toys R Us, the Kodak multipacks were good value. I bought a big pack from Maplin at Christmas, they seem ok so far and Argos do quite good deals on multipacks too.

Avoid batteries that seem quite light, they are usually very poor.

highlandsflyer":13926ko0 said:
A baby alarm is one application calling for the best quality batteries and regular testing. Common sense no?

It's just an intercom. We can hear him quite well from anywhere in the house anyway - a benefit of having a tiny home.

Thanks for all the advice. Bought two enormous packs of Duracells from Rymans in the end - buy one get one free or something. Still got confused by the other offers within the same shop though.

Cheers, T..

Skeelsie":iddzyjoh said:
Buy Procells in Advance, check out Babz media on ebay, never get mugged off in a shop.

indeed, the missus got a big carton 24 AA for something like £10

Back