Alarming trend for bike shops? Or great?

We've got this one in Edinburgh, it's been open a couple of years now but I've never been in it. They don't do any MTB stuff and my Specialized road bike is probably too low rent for them. Also the fear that I might go in and get over excited and buy a Rapha jersey and end up skint.

http://www.rondebike.com

There are also two bike themed pubs in town, Tourmalet and Ventoux. But the guy that owns them is a genuine retro road fan. Ventoux has some lovely bikes on the ceiling including a gorgeous Colnago Master.

I think it was in about 2003 poss Cheltenham ?..........i saw a bike shop it was all white insde with a few and i mean just a few bikes on white plinths ...........didn't notice spares or nothing...........i thought it looked shite, but i could see what they were trying to do. Maybe now top bikes can cost 5/6 grand it would work now ??? we used to have fresh coffee on the go and water fountain things ..............we ended up drinking too much coffee now i can't have it anymore unless decaf... :?

Chopper1192":y857v8w3 said:
My LBS (Roy Pink) has had an old sofa, coffee table, free coffee machine as free biscuits and pile of old mags for as long as I can remember. Occasionally I pop in for a chat and sneak a free brew but often I chill after feeling faint from spending lots of money. As well as busy shop i think they appreciate theyre a focal point for the local cycling community as well. Hi to Roy and Alex if you're reading - plain chocolate digestives next time please ;)
I too have settled on roy's as my lbs but not for the coffee, I go there because alex will always sort out an odd part, steerer tube for some home made forks odd seatposts for a fiver things like that. I quite like the idea of the coffee shop/bike shop theme but the service is more important.

I wish just one of the LBS's would do this, I'd love to have somewhere to go in stupid spd shoes and not have to worry about the bike.

highlandsflyer":7k66xb0k said:
Sounds like a bike themed coffee shop is a winning idea.
It's not. It's shit.

http://www.siemprebicyclecafe.com/

Their description:
A cultural hotspot that encourages creativity and self-build which acts as a focal point for the local people and community. An alternative range of tasty food and drinks from local sellers.

Mine:
Pointless west end bullshit for bawbag students and dweeb fixie types aching to be cool but failing at every step.

Let bike shops sell bikes. Let cafes sell square sausage and tattie scones. The two do not belong together.

scottmac":3a4dgk48 said:
Coffee shops sell coffee.

Bike shops sell bikes.

You can't ride a cup of coffee.

spinning-tea-cup-ride-disneyland-resort-14066413-800-600.jpg

Latest posts

Back