aircraft cable tension meter. wheel building. SOLD

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this is an aircraft control cable tension meter. i got it for building my wheels and it worked superbly. i was put off by the massive price of dial test indicator style gauges and didnt think the cheaper ones looked too brill and they wasnt actually very cheap so had a go with this and my gamble paid off. it is obviously very accurate and has its own calibration piece included in the rather lovely solid aluminum case. it measures from 10-200lbs so not suitable for very high tension wheels but you can measure higher if you set the dial to. it is very easy to use with a grip lever and you can whizz round the wheel in minutes. being made for aviation use its extremely well built and very accurate also at a price point that would only buy you one of the low end of the market pieces of plastic with a spring type which are only as good as the calibration its set with. i really cant see me building another set of wheels but will hang onto the dishing tool and repair stand i got at the same time as they were cheap and have already paid for themselves. now, any questions?

asking £70 posted.

Attachments

• P1000953.JPG
    P1000953.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 873
  • P1000954.JPG
    P1000954.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 873
  • P1000955.JPG
    P1000955.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 873
  • P1000956.JPG
    P1000956.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 873
Re:

Hi, I can see this is an old post, but do you still have the tension gauge?
I am interested in buying it.
Regards,
Steve.

Re: aircraft cable tension meter. wheel building.

hi steve, sorry its long gone but have a look on ebay as they crop up pretty often. you end up with a superior tool and highly accurate for the same sort of money you pay for a duff plastic park tool jobby.

Re:

Thanks for the fast reply, and good advice.
I will keep an eye on Ebay.
Regards,
Steve

Back