Starting on this...Ibis Content

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Like most of my current projects this has been sat waiting to have some attention thrown at it. This was an impulse "looks interesting" purchase. I always had a sweet-spot for them :)

It's a 95 Szazbo, in Medium.

P1000765.jpg

I'm thinking about a strip and a respray, but I might just use this as a regular rider.
When you get a close up look at the frame the detailed machining is incredible. Everything is drilled, turned or machined.

P1000767.jpg

P1000768.jpg

I had a look at the brochures in the gallery and around the web. The seatpost dia is allegedly 28.6 according to a 96 catalogue, but with my verniers it's tight at 28.0

Anyone know if they chanced the internal dia between 95 & 96 :?: :?:

I've been hunting down forks to run with it and currently stuck between these two. What do you reckon :?: I prefer the XLC's to look at, but also fancy going down the disk route with the SIDs.

P1000773.jpg

P1000775.jpg

As for build, it's either going to be XT or XTR (950). Still to be decided, though probably the XTR.

Being an IBIS owner... I have to say its one I would like in the collection, if you decide to sell it give me a shout (seriously !) It looks brill, and knowing your skills it will be awesome... keep us posted. :)

Nice.

Run the SIDs with v-brakes. Looks unbalanced to have disc front v-rear imho.

Is the frame rated as being suitable for triple clamps? Bear in mind a triple clamp will stress the frame differently. And will look too DH on this XC frame imho ;)

Ibis Szazbo

My Szazbo is a '98 and it has a 28.6mm seatpost...but I have no idea if the earlier models have different seatpost sizes. If you do a repaint you might be interested to find out that Ibis still has replacement decals for sale on their website. You can probably also find out from Scott Nichols (Ibis founder) if the seatpost size was different on earlier models.

Latest posts

Back