Show us what you did today, thread

zetecmk2":32y7yrha said:
it will change.....as soon as i free the front clamp on the post!!! (it's actually more comfortable than it looks!!! :shock: )

I can agree with you there. I have ran saddles at angles myself ,and i think this is due to my extraordinarily long legs :? in that i always find myself pushing back on my legs ti slide a little further back and it adds a tiny bit of height. Is thios the problem you face ? being somewhat in the middle :?
Unfortunately they dont make many 23" mtb

Purple pics :D
The endcaps arent original or new but they go not too bad given other parts of this set up are black,besides for thirty quid you cant complain. :cool:

Attachments

• Hope Team-Retro 015 (Medium).JPG
    Hope Team-Retro 015 (Medium).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Hope Team-Retro 005 (Medium).JPG
    Hope Team-Retro 005 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 150
old_coyote_pedaller":3hebg3zg said:
I had purple bits on my bike too, years ago.
Don't know why because, being kinda colour blind, it looked pink to me. :oops:

Rampage did some anodizing for me and most of it turned out really nice with the exception of the lever covers that seem to be a different alloy.
We're not sure whether it was that or that the dye was too weak or the solution too hot/cold but the caps unfortunately turned out a little pinkish lilac :(
Im tempted to send some other caps i have to an anodizers to be done professionally.

I know the overall looks pretty spectacular but id like to hear what others think :? is it worth having things redone or will it look ok as is (personally feel they should be redone but im worried they'll report it either too expensive or just not enough bits to be worth setting up the equipment for.

Attachments

• Hope Team-Retro 024 (Medium).JPG
    Hope Team-Retro 024 (Medium).JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 142
old_coyote_pedaller":p8f9g8ry said:

had purple skewers on my my bike, thought they were blue :oops: :facepalm:

gmac123":1zzu9t1n said:
old_coyote_pedaller":1zzu9t1n said:

had purple skewers on my my bike, thought they were blue :oops: :facepalm:

I bought a beautyful purple anodized GT Zaskar LE frame brand new in 94, hated it so much i tried (and failed) to strip it with oven cleaner so ended up attacking it with Scotchbrite pads :facepalm: , when i think of that frame now it was just stunning and i ruined it, what i did would be considered an absolute crime these days.

gmac123":2t5iv60r said:
that must have hurt

We've all done it :( Like my white porcs i put out at the bin because they were just too grubby or the entire collections of mbr and mbuk from about 1996-2000 i happily binned because they were taking up too much room.

Best not think of such things.

Tonights nightride :D

8616798895_ee97564de7_b.jpg

8616798435_0483387abd_b.jpg

8616798993_c26f56bc3e_b.jpg

dyna-ti":3nufh9om said:
Best not think of such things.

lol, just made me, 2 pair of vittoria shoes, 1 pair of sidi, gp4/super record wheels, and a pile of mountainbike action mags, 2 sausage helmets and an aero hemlet :facepalm:

seems i held onto a pile of p!sh and gave away or threw out the good stuff

just realised mbaction was the inspiration for the retrobike logo, never noticed that before...

Kaiser, stunning! beautiful evening :D

Back