fignon's handlebars

bigfatron":2w52zl47 said:
thanks colnagoc59, i'll check them out.
i think i may have trawled their website before with no luck, but will get on to them asap.

in other news, cyfac have replied to my emails.
they have confirmed that all three of my super u/castorama frames were built by them between 1989 and 1991.
it appears that g.jc is indeed a marker for jean-claude garde, i am as happy as larry!

i'll take some pictures and add either posts with pictures or gallery.
to be honest, i'm not very good at either, it takes me ages to work all these online things out.
i'll have to start bolting bits onto the frames too, once i have the suitable decals for the incomplete set.
however, this will mean retrieving my "other children" from the loft and could be bad for my marriage as my wife is not aware that i have three frames - although i could claim that i have one for each of my daughters? and should name the bikes accordingly!

i'm also a bit involved with a retro and tours project linked to a bike shop opening shortly in berkhamsted, lovelo cycle works (http://www.lovelocycles.co.uk). i'll have at least one of my rides at the shop on the "grand opening" day, sunday 28th april, so if you're nearby and fancy popping in, look for the fat bloke in the super u jersey!

richie
Bloody hell, that's a major bonus!!!

bigfatron":24s97sic said:
haha! so you ride 57cm then kettlo?!

you are the man to talk to about decals for raleigh and maxi sports i gather?
i'm interested in your services, would you need photos and measurements?

richie

I do indeed ride 57cm! I dont do decals but I did do all the artwork for the Cyclomondo ones because I wanted to replace the ones on my '90 Dyna tech frame. However when I got them I decided to keep them for a new build. I did however get Mazi Sports one made up seperately at a local place. Also stickers to place over white bottles to make super U bottles.....I'll post a pic shortly

i think that makes me psychic, or is it psychotic?
i saw your super u bottle on the forum before, it looks good.
i paid about £12 for a genuine one from an ebay seller in the us of a, i have some pictures somehwere that i'll post if i can find them.
i've also got a castorama raleigh bottle that i'll photograph, not sure what year that's from.
and lots of ta coke bottles - i'll line them all up for a photo one day.
i'd be very interested in your kind offer of producing artwork for any decals that i need......!

Back