Americans don't you just love them

It came to mind. It's obviously related to the prejudice that Americans are stupid.
Another thing related to this is the following:
Type "why are am" into the google search bar and see what comes up in the suggestions.
Fat. Stupid. Ignorant.
The whole world wants to know why. Anyone has an explanation?
I don't.

MCsanandreas":1oc0shzd said:
Bram J":1oc0shzd said:
Interesting stuff about Belgians too in the google bar. :LOL:

Belgians make good beer and chocolate so can do no wrong as far as i am concerned! :D :D :D

You do know that the most evil man on the planet does come from Belgium? :? :twisted:

dr-evil.jpg

Bram J":10ofjjaw said:
Here's a true story:
I once met a young American women from up north who was about to go to college.
She didn't knew who Stalin was.

I will try once more.

How did you come to be discussing or mentioning Stalin to the American woman?

highlandsflyer":20yk8mnx said:
Bram J":20yk8mnx said:
Here's a true story:

I will try once more.

How did you come to be discussing or mentioning Stalin to the American woman?

We were discussing courses we found interesting at school and I must have said something in the trend of 'I find history interesting, but only modern history' and then she said something like 'Ah, how we came to the rescue in the second WW' and me replying 'I'm sure Stalin did most of the work' and then she said 'who's Stalin?'

She didn't knew Lenin or Trotsky either btw.

Bram J":10npbtzt said:
Here's a true story:

again not purely Americans

ask most kids in Britian today about history and their memory only goes back as far as the iphone 3

as them back even further and it will not be uncommon to hear...how would I know I wasn't even born then

it would seem to me that no matter where you go in the "civilized world" that despite such things as smart phones that people have generally become dumber confusing a google search/wikipedia as thier own intelligence rather then earned and understood intelligence

America maybe the most visible due to the size of the country and the saying..only in America...but having travelled over some time in the states, Europe some of Asia and then back to Britian (and I don't mean a two week Thompson holiday) I can assure you that most countries have their dumb people and it's certainly not limited to one country

Back