March 17th Cotswold Spring Classic Road ride

Grannygrinder":y6wugh4t said:
Had to bow out so i didn't show anybody on the steep stuff :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ....not :D

I guessed that you were just lulling us into a false sense of security, waiting to pounce, Puma like.

Milan-San Remo was cut short because of bad weather but not the Cotswolds Spring Classic......

What a great day with great company!

To say the outlook looked less than promising with me and the big biffa looking at a snow storm only 30 mins before the off :shock:

I only have admiration for tarloone I cant imagine what it must of been like climbing fish hill in them conditions and fully understandable heading home!!

To say I was chuffed with the turnout is an understatement,And as always a great bunch with some lovely rides :cool:

Hopefully everyone had a good ride , I did try and keep the hills down to a minimum but being the Cotswolds that dont come easy. Shame to lose Mike early on but thanks for the heads up so we could get moving again quickly and he wasnt buying my unconvincing "its pretty flat after this climb" !!

Cheers to Matt for bringing the flapjacks with how well they went down I think mum was grateful as her cupboards would of been raped without them.

Took a few pics but not that many sadly to busy enjoying myself :cool:

Re-run in the summer anyone? some of them roads are fast when dry !!

Cheers

daj

Attachments

• photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,483
  • photo (15).JPG
    photo (15).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,483
  • photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,483
  • photo (18).JPG
    photo (18).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,483
Iwasgoodonce":18y5plo6 said:
Well,I really enjoyed that ride. It was a really last minute decision to attend but I'm glad I went for it. I didn't feel that way when we were driving through a full on blizzard though. Tarloone, I think we saw you going up that monster hill in the snow. If I hadn't had a car full (I took the family) I would have stopped and offered you a lift.

Once I have downloaded the Garmin I'll post the route up. Thanks to Dave for organizing a good route and Matt's missus for the flapjack. Also thanks to Dave's mum for entertaining my kids!

Looking forward to some warmer weather.

That was me yes, I must have looked a bit of a tit riding up there on a bike in that weather...least I now have evidence of my attempt to get there :oops:

Milan-San Remo was cut short because of bad weather but not the Cotswolds Spring Classic......

Was for me :cry:

I think that last climb must have been used on some sportive judging by the number of folks who have posted it on Strava. Nice to do a big climb without too much grunt but that last 500m was tough as it should have been flat but wasn't :).

I suspect drystonepaul's Peak District ride in May will be lumpy. Any one else doing it?

bobbinogs":pbbm2eff said:
I think that last climb must have been used on some sportive judging by the number of folks who have posted it on Strava. Nice to do a big climb without too much grunt but that last 500m was tough as it should have been flat but wasn't :).

I suspect drystonepaul's Peak District ride in May will be lumpy. Any one else doing it?

August the 19th I would say so , PR for me going up there quite chuffed as was dawdling at the start talking to Rob!

My vague response for the Peaks ride Robin was because I havent checked with the mrs :oops: or Calender but will confirm and be great to car share :cool:

good ride today dave,it was good to see some new faces and the same old ugly ones.it would be good to do that again on a nice summer,s day.and just remember grannygrinder that is better to die trying than not try at all

The route as promised. There are some figures on that max BPM column that some of you won't ever see, or indeed want to!

Attachments

• DXF Out013.jpg
    DXF Out013.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,447
  • DXF Out012.jpg
    DXF Out012.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,447
Looking at the map just look how close we were to home before having to go right out our way for the final climb!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back