Road Ride:Sunday May 17th - Bonar Bridge - leadmore + return

Re:

me too :cool:

bearing in mind i've not done anywhere near that kind of mileage in about 10 years!!

20 miles is no bother, 30 probably, maybe 40 with a tailwind on the flat and 90psi in my tyres......

60 miles....... will there be medical assistance if required...?!

You'll be fine mate, the road is easy and the climbs, while some are longish, they are not hard. Anything that was steep was short and sharp :)
This is a sociable cruisy ride and not a race ;) and being macretro we all look out for each other :)

Jamie

Re: Re:

velofrog":1dbueju2 said:
me too :cool:

bearing in mind i've not done anywhere near that kind of mileage in about 10 years!!

20 miles is no bother, 30 probably, maybe 40 with a tailwind on the flat and 90psi in my tyres......

60 miles....... will there be medical assistance if required...?!

The ride is for the scenery and the craic so the longer we make it last the better.

I'll be taking it easy for one. :)

Hi all
Not long to go now ;)
I'm still working on a lunch option as it now looks like Heather may not be able to make it which may mean looking to see if anyone else can carry our lunch to Ledmore or alternatively look at seeing if the hotel can do sandwiches etc. I'll hopefully be able to sort something tomorrow.
Hopefully everybody is geared up, chains lubed and raring to go :)
Proposing a 10 start time, so meet around 9.30 or so, this can be pushed back if people are coming a fair way to make it a bit easier to journey as we wont be pushed for time.
Jamie

Re:

Hope the weather holds for you - tis a cracking area, especially the further north and west you go :cool:

Had hoped to make it but after months of waiting my mum's headstone is finally getting put in this weekend.

Photos you've posted look fantastic, enjoy.

I'd love to come on this ride but too many things conspire against it. :cry:

Hope you have a great ride and I'm working on coming next year. :xmas-wink:

Re:

would have liked to have done this ride, unfortunately I have business in Aberdeen this weekend :(

Re:

Hi guys
To those that can't make it, dont worry as theres always next time :)
So still working on the lunch option, but we will aim to meet 9.30 for a 10 am start and will meet on the south side of the bridge in the park/carpark.
Weathers been pretty changeable up this way.

Jamie

Back