fignon's handlebars

Great news...I'm glad it has turned out to be something authentic, and to think I was in two minds about buying it myself! He who hesitates etc.

Martin

Well done Matt, I had a feeling this was gonna turn out well for you. It just looked right, frame wise, not paint wise. I saw your posts to that guy in cyfac on the Fignon inspired frame and just had a feeling but Jaysus thats a bit pricy for the respray when you add on all the NOS C-Record stuff that you will be looking for....

Stephen

kettlo":3qsrtqlw said:
Well done Matt, I had a feeling this was gonna turn out well for you. It just looked right, frame wise, not paint wise. I saw your posts to that guy in cyfac on the Fignon inspired frame and just had a feeling but Jaysus thats a bit pricy for the respray when you add on all the NOS C-Record stuff that you will be looking for....

Stephen
Cheers Mate, it's a lot of money I know!! Going to have to think about it. I kind of think it's worth it though, and the frame deserves it. I am not worried about NOS, and I have the brakes already (bought 3 years ago and never sold luckily!!). Frame also came with C-rec headset & bottom bracket.

Argos would cost about £200, so whats £100 more!! Assuming it comes in at the lower end!

Matt

Penfold6290":1vkg03f5 said:
Great news...I'm glad it has turned out to be something authentic, and to think I was in two minds about buying it myself! He who hesitates etc.

Martin
Now I feel bad!! I was waiting over a year for one to turn up, and being honest this is a bonus, but it's only really a talking point. I am sure another will turn up if you are patient. Anyway, your build looks a class act itself.

Matt

Matt_wood55":1pqqzs1t said:
Penfold6290":1pqqzs1t said:

Martin
Now I feel bad!! I was waiting over a year for one to turn up, and being honest this is a bonus, but it's only really a talking point. I am sure another will turn up if you are patient. Anyway, your build looks a class act itself.

Matt

Crikey, don't feel bad! You have a piece of history there and I hope you're able to build it up to its former glory. I will keep an eye out for another, you never know what will materialise, and when it does I'll have a full C Record group to transplant onto it!

M

I've just remembered that Desmondo on here has a similar frame with LF stamped on it. Wonder who's that could have been then :? ;)

It's not rideable (to corroded) but as there seem to be a few ex-team frames around, I wonder if Raleigh sold them off in the UK?

Wow ,blown away by all this ! Seems have gone from none to about 5 replica bikes being built up ................Amazing stuff,think Matt struck Gold there and to the original OP ,great bike ,great taste :D :D

TimeTrialAce":ygb7oy4r said:
Wow ,blown away by all this ! Seems have gone from none to about 5 replica bikes being built up ................Amazing stuff,think Matt struck Gold there and to the original OP ,great bike ,great taste :D :D
I think when they are all done, we need to meet up! I am just South of Notts.

Matt_wood55":15stx23d said:
TimeTrialAce":15stx23d said:
I think when they are all done, we need to meet up! I am just South of Notts.

Dorset here...we need to do a sportive or something...I'm going to ride mine when I do the Wiggle Jurassic Beast in May.

Martin

Back