The bike locking rears its ugly head again....

cornholio's RC200":3bd2uh77 said:
I use one of these:

1F232695-6F20-4FBE-9EBB-5CB71E02BFFB-3801-0000051D5C741E8B_zps0d9cdd1f.jpg

It's heavy but if you're regularly commuting then it doesn't matter, just leave it there. The method I use is to "fill" the lock i.e., take the front wheel off and put it by the rear and lock everything to the frame and whatever you're locking it to. Simples.

Those M18's are like a ship anchor chain link!!! That picture just doesn't illustrate how massive they are.

Those M18's are like a ship anchor chain link!!! That picture just doesn't illustrate how massive they are.

Or how heavy it is, I can certainly feel the weight when it's on the pannier rack. :shock:

I bought one of these mutha's:

http://www.onguardlock.com/?page_id=329

It's 16mm thick and heavy, but is covered in rubber so it doesn't scratch stuff -ideal for lamping a would be bike thief across the head with :evil: Used with a cable for the q/r bits; I have peace of mind that the average skuzzball will be deterred and move on.

£24 on Ebay

What I have noticed is the amount of dents on bike racks/railings - these, I'm sure, are caused by low lifes attempting to hold the lock firm & hammering/chiselling it 'til it gives way.. A fitting way to deal with their pinkies if you ask me.

Back