Show us what you did today, thread

Looks good Klaus :cool:
Looks like you'll have a smooth ride on the weekend by the looks of this.
Didnt notice this one on the build list, it must have snuck by, certainly looks the business. I too wondered at first whether it was titanium. Three thumbs up from this hillbilly.

Oh, and Andy, dont believe him, the future is semi fat, fat, 26'er, rigid and definately singlespeed :p
One day the world will run out of all this fancy metal for gear shifters and mechs, and fork oil .........and you know who'll be laughing then? :LOL:

Jamie

The end is coming Gaz............. a zombie Mayan told me so :)

Old codger! I'm really 32 going on 16 ;)

What I did last Sunday evening. Didnt really have time but I got out for about an hour or so as the sun was going down. Playing on the dunes and along the beach. Just mucking about getting a quick ride in.

IMG_3583.jpg

Looking forward to a full report K. Scandal's looking no bad too, thought you might have 1x-ed it, its all the rage doncha know.

Cheers everybody. Jamie that's a braw pic, I'll need to get some more beach ridding done masell. Z I was tempted by changing the front shifting but I had 10 under in mind (as an example of what I wanted to do on the bike) and the last time I used every gear I had! 3x9 fur noo. Btw chains Nd cassettes cheaper at on one the now.

is indeed a good pic jamie- the thing I have always worried about with beach riding is the sand- does it not get into the chain and rings so necessitate a full clean (oil bath thing) after every ride? Oh that and the worry that I would have to change a tube after riding over the shattered buckfast bottles (ayrshire for you :LOL: )

Cheers guys
I have a bit of film on my facebook as I was just really playing, like a kid really, riding no hands, wheelies, skids etc, very immature but just a moment to myself :) about a mile of beach and dunes and the only other person on there was a kid on a quad at the far end.
Gaz, the beach and sand is fine, its more the salt water. This time the bike didnt need much of a clean at all but still got a real dowsing in fresh water once home. Its singlespeed and that means no gears, der etc to get ground down with sand :LOL:
just clean the chain and lube. Lube everything, all the time. I have waxoiled the frame as well. I dont get it too wet but if you ride on the beach...........well you cant complain about salt water really :LOL:
The one thing that has got worn thats annoying is my old faithful selle italia seat, this seat I have had for 15 years and it has done thousands upon thousands of kilometres both here and at home but because the Pugs throws up so much stuff from the rear wheel, the seat gets covered in sand and then I sit and grind it in, its very quickly worn the colour from the top of the leather. I now realise why I shouldn't put a good road bike seat on a MTB :facepalm: 'but its comfy your honour'

Jamie

Three rides this year an three dirty bikes, all got a wash. Looks like the Dialled has got its marching orders anaw noo!

8527760257_d5f6233725_b.jpg

Looking good Klaus :cool:
How come the Dialled has its marching orders? Its a pretty cool machine and i thought you were more than happy with the ride.

Jamie

Back