Raleigh Dyna Tech Castorama , Laurent Fignon Replica

TimeTrialAce":hvpocaz1 said:
Thoughts :| ;)

Needs to be ridden once built up, not exactly my cup of tea, but I can see from the images it is a quality piece of kit.

I've made some enquiries regarding Coca Cola Bottles. Will keep you posted......
Yes please! i would be very interested in an original Coke bottle from this era, if anyone has one?

As Kettlo mentioned, the tricolour bars were for Bastille day during the tour, and i'd agree, i would'nt get too bothered by trying to replicate them. The white Benotto ribbon will be hard enough to source!

Fignon used Time Titan Magnesium which do appear for sale from time to time, although NOS are very rare and will be expensive. The cleats do come up for sale now and again as wel, i once bought a pair of knackered old shoes in the past, just to get a spare set of Time cleats, so you could try that as an option.

Time for more photos............. :D

kettlo":chsgec4k said:
What about pedals. As far as I know he used Time pedals but I dont believe there is a cat in hells chance of getting those and shoeplates o go with them. Correct me if im wrong.
Yes, he did use them, Equip Mag Ti (or maybe just Mags with the steel axles, the Ti axles were a bit bendy).

I've got probably half a dozen pairs of various vintage, some still in use, some not. Unfortunately, i've got none of the original square ones left. They were well battered and ended up in the bin. Still using my Original red and yellow time eq pro shoes tho :D

They do, however, turn up on ebay occasionally. I did for a good long while trawl ebay looking for cleats, and fairly regularly (once a month?) saw a pair or two of pedals. Not looked for a while, but i can imagine they still crop up.

In fact, a pair went in october on ebay (just came up while i was double checking the name of the shoe :D )

And, theres another pair.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Time-pedals-mag ... 4d09dbb2bb

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Did someone ask for more Photos :D See update to frame race number mount .... Front mech and cassette just in :!:

Attachments

• php7KiymOAM.jpg
    php7KiymOAM.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 478
  • phpDjUhZBAM.jpg
    phpDjUhZBAM.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 478
  • phpPOZPLwAM.jpg
    phpPOZPLwAM.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 478
  • phpPpAJNkAM.jpg
    phpPpAJNkAM.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 478
kettlo":2usumdne said:
I've made some enquiries regarding Coca Cola Bottles. Will keep you posted......

I was looking at my pictures from 1989 tour de France. I wouldnt get too hung up on the TriColor handlebar tape as I have only seen that in this one picture. All of the other pictures I have seen from that tour it is just plain white. (Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it......) I think this might have been a special look for bastille day as the french riders were prone to do during Tours back then.

What about pedals. As far as I know he used Time pedals but I dont believe there is a cat in hells chance of getting those and shoeplates o go with them. Correct me if im wrong.

I am using Look Carbon in red. Should look the part. Because at the end of the day I want to be able to ride the damm thing. I built this bike 20 years ago from the frame up using Athena because i couldnt afford C-Record (still can't ha ha) But now like most people on here I want to rebuild it the way it should have been.

I sold the bike in about 1992 to a friend and bought my Merckx, which will be in another build thread shortly. I met him about 18 months ago and asked him if he still had it and to my amazement he said he did. He also said that he had only been on it about twice since he got it. 20 odd years in the garage takes its toll tho.....He offered to sell it back to me for silly money but I could not do that to him and gave him twice what he asked for. I sold the croce Daune deltas for more than he wanted for the whole bike. That started me on the rebuild. The bike is built apart from from putting the rear axle back in and adding race numbers, bottles and name decals.

I promise I will show it soon......

Thanks Coke bottles would be good (original spec) Looking forward to seeing the bike :D

Be careful with your hub width and casette. I know some of these frames are only suitable for smaller width hubs. Not sure of the sizes etc. You could crack the wishbone if it is the wrong size or so i have read...

kettlo":3sikddjx said:
Be careful with your hub width and casette. I know some of these frames are only suitable for smaller width hubs. Not sure of the sizes etc. You could crack the wishbone if it is the wrong size or so i have read...

Ah thanks,I am waiting for some alternate wheels so the 8 speed probably won't be used as the frame should be 126mm rather than 130.

Amazing, I see you even got the Tour 41 starting number ready to go!! Agree with the Cola bottles, would be great if you could find some!!

JYvdK":zochgi18 said:
Amazing, I see you even got the Tour 41 starting number ready to go!! Agree with the Cola bottles, would be great if you could find some!!

Kettlo is getting the race number printed up with an actual copy of Fignons bike so 41 with the sponser Castelli,rather than vittel so hopefully this will enhance it further ! Yes coke bottles......................

Coke bottles have been sourced and ordered! I have a good number coming which i will be offering for sale on here. They are coming from Europe so I am not sure how long they will take to get here. But they seem to be genuine TDF ones spanning a couple of years but I will sort tht out when I get them.....

Back