Concorde- drops and slicks!

Re: Concorde

Wold Ranger":32co3sg4 said:
SO never mind how it looks, owz it ride compared to the FUNK then :) :)

Its all springy and steel zingy, FUNK is like riding concrete- so stiff, but lovely in its own way.
I have had the Concorde out for its weekly Sunday morning spanking and a good strip and clean this evening. I don't know what will happen when I finish my Yo this week but the Concorde is number 1 in my house- I love it, its a little cracker and just wants to be hammered, flys up and down anything. She's been caught up in BOTM now but it was good whilst it lasted :LOL:

Oh and am I alone in liking Biopace rings??

Goes to show how retro I am- today was my first ride with those new fangled cleats on my shoes! No more toe straps :LOL: (and I didn't fall off ;) )

Amazon wing looks better than it is- its gone around headlight. Its a rotten old pig but will get restored one day- its ex Monte Carlo car that has done about 30 international rallies, Classic Marathon, Liege, Winter Trial, Peking to Paris etc. Its about number 6 or 7 in line for fixing :cry:

Re: My old trusty Concorde as new!

SneakyB":3ovv5s1p said:
Hi,

Very nice job done over here.

This is my old bike. I bought this bike in 1991 nos.
It was equiped with a combo of LX/DX the other things where just nameless. It didn't cost that much do. It was about Fl 1400,00(€ 625,00) if i remember correctly.
A view years later I sold it to radjatoe(member here)
Then it lost it's original color which was a blue/green fade to grey to blue/green again. The decals where in pink. :D

I even have some pictures for you from the original state. I have to scan them. If i've done that i will sent them to you.

Brilliant! I have not found out much about Concordes- they are pretty rare over here. I would love to see pics and get more info on it. Do you remember the model name?? Is there anywhere I can get old catalogs with it in?? Are Concordes popular in the Netherlands?? Tell me more :)

Bit of an update on my Concorde.

Decided I needed something for blasting around the lanes and since the Yo got finished, the Concorde has just been sat in the shed.

So I have fitted it with some slick tyres (Panaracer Kevlar re-enforced jobbies) a pair of ITM bars and a T-Bone stem with some rise. Levers are Shimano 600. Shifting is unresolved as yet. I adjusted the mechs to put it in top gear and I am just riding it as a single speeder at the moment.
Its good fun and wickedly fast- it can be converted back to off road spec in 30 mins too so no harm done!
I'm looking for a pair of 1" P2 forks and bar end shifters to complete the 'road' conversion

What do you think??

S

cncdrp.jpg

cncdr2.jpg

Looks wicked in "drop mode"... Some Tange Switchblades or RC31's would be lovely on it but so too would P2's.
Really do fancy a drop bar job on my Lava Dome commuter... :cool:

((((shaking head in disbelief))))

What have you done to it!!!!

Where is the bike I voted for in BOTM; you've killed her!!!!

Pickle":1hq3zu47 said:

i am sorry,..i share this opinion

Pickle":4im5zj3m said:

Tee-hee
Keep yer lid on Pickle, its just temporary until I find a nice road burner. I can switch wheels and swap bar/stem/controls back over in 5 minutes flat. No harm done matey!
S

Dr S":vtd8xo58 said:
Pickle":vtd8xo58 said:

Tee-hee
Keep yer lid on Pickle, its just temporary until I find a nice road burner. I can switch wheels and swap bar/stem/controls back over in 5 minutes flat. No harm done matey!
S

Phew ;)

Back