Mr Kirk's Nightmare... vive la Revolution!!

pauly883":1k88rwil said:
I got one of these i think thay look cool ive had it for 2 years but ive never been on it ill have a go tomorrow.

what!! 2 years!!? :shock:

tumblr_m2bp4l2kDQ1rrcf3po1_500.gif

Yeh always wanted one when thay first came out got it and left it at the back of the shed cant get it out because of the other bikes got 6 frames on top of it ill clean the shed tomorrow.

They are cool.

I have one built up with NOS DX groupset, grey with purple cables and bit's and bobs. Maybe the groupset is a little excesive for the frame, but I guessed that I could swap it onto another bike when the frame brakes. (but I have a spare frame)

When I first rode it, I got off after 10m because I thought the wheel was lose. Turns out it's just the frame flexing.

One day they will be worth millions (I hope)

They are like a nice looking transexual..at first you think mmmmm what a nice lady..then when you find out the truth after it coughs and you question if you should ever ride it...and some would

Re: Mr Kirk's Nightmare...

Stylus - is there something you're not telling us? :shock: ;)

Well, I am not ashamed to say I have ridden it hard , albeit briefly, and nothing untoward happened :)

The powdercoat (these frames were powdercoated from the factory, not painted) had quite a few scratches and a bit of an orange-peel effect going on, so with time on my hands after having a wisdom tooth pulled out last week :( I set to with the 1500 grit wet & dry and a bottle of T-cut.
Many, many, many! hours later the frame is almost done and has come out to a nice gloss finish, and as I've been over every square cm on the frame I was able to check for any cracks, and found none :D
Reproduction decals are on order from gil_m, although I do rather like the "stealth" black look it currently has.
It's rideable as it is now, but I'm just waiting on a few parts arriving to finish it off as I'd like it, I'm afraid the only truly retro part on it is going to be the front mech (which is a weird bolt on Shimano LX affair), but I feel that it's still a retro-bike at it's core :)

2013-02-02154517_zpscd499293.jpg

2013-02-02154452_zps4b73f162.jpg

To be honest I would keep it the black with no decals, you might have one of the later/just before they closed down ones that were cured of the wobbly frame

as to telling you something, lets just say if you ever go to bangkok, go to the cockatoo ladyboy bar and ask for Riki ask her what her real name is first...halfway through maybe well to late

sylus":1tastckm said:
To be honest I would keep it the black with no decals, you might have one of the later/just before they closed down ones that were cured of the wobbly frame

Funnily enough, in it's current stealth guise people seem to think it's made of carbon fibre :LOL:

The "Assembled By Dawes" decal it had makes me think it is one of the later frames, I think I read that Dawes were brought in or bought the remaining stocks of frames and assembled them into complete bikes.

Looks good all black i might take the decals off mine and clean it. Got to get new forks and i want a ibeam stem to go with the frame. My kirk.

Attachments

• CIMG1689.JPG
    CIMG1689.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 751
Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2qxnr9sg said:
Do not treat this frame with respect at all, in fact I call these 'Kirk Revulsion' :!: :!: :!:

You'll be delighted to find out where that chainset I bought has gone to then... ;) :LOL:

Back