Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Actually, going back to the in-the-box shot the finish looks more matt on those two... I just haven't seen alloy Shimano rings that shiny before!

As you say it has an aftermarket style to it :)

lrh":235apiyy said:
Actually, going back to the in-the-box shot the finish looks more matt on those two... I just haven't seen alloy Shimano rings that shiny before!

As you say it has an aftermarket style to it :)

Oh they really are shiny rings! And the arms are a lovely glossy black...I think the black works well with the black cantis, STI levers, seat post and rims when they get put back on!

Kinda makes the rear mech look a little shabby although its not in bad nick...Everything else looks spot on...just the mech, maybe a NOS or very good one will have to be sourced!

wookiee":16lfbisa said:
Kinda makes the rear mech look a little shabby although its not in bad nick...Everything else looks spot on...just the mech, maybe a NOS or very good one will have to be sourced!
Get polishing, as per sherlylock: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=173794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

735_derailleur_214.jpg

Crikey those forks do look good! Defo sending mine up north (metaphorically speaking Marc ;) )

Time, patience and lots of elbow grease on the polishing Doug - It'll be worth it bro.

Rich

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin.

So close I can almost taste it!! The forks and stem arrived back and are stunning! Still waiting on the bars as they need another go as there seems to be real issue with pink for some reason (may explain why places I called said they don't do it!) But I couldn't wait and popped the decals on them and assembled the forks and stem. Just need the bars then the Onza's can go on with the foam grips and also then need to set up the brakes/gears. And still waiting for the Smokes to come back in stock. But I will ride it with the Rockstar on the back till then anyway...

A couple of pics of my kitchen, oh and the Marin! Although the pink is much brighter in the flesh...very hard to capture in the pics but it matches the decals beautifully!

Attachments

• forks on 3.jpg
    forks on 3.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 336
  • forks on 2.jpg
    forks on 2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 336
  • forks on 1.jpg
    forks on 1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 336
Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin...Almost there!

nice job with the decals. i could barely put panini football stickers in the album evenly, back in the day :)

quite a knockout example of the top flight model marin from 1991.

((((whistles))) :cool:

marc two tone":16yp1slc said:
nice job with the decals. i could barely put panini football stickers in the album evenly, back in the day :)

quite a knockout example of the top flight model marin from 1991.

((((whistles))) :cool:

Couldn't have done it without you mate! :D

Keep it coming Wookie! I've just read this thread from start to finish and it's bloody rivetting. Superb bike and wonderful descriptions and passions....classic retrobike!

Agency_Scum":30syxkwc said:
Keep it coming Wookie! I've just read this thread from start to finish and it's bloody rivetting. Superb bike and wonderful descriptions and passions....classic retrobike!

Cheers for that...I recon it will be ridable and only needing the rear tyre in a week or so! The smokes are hopefully back in stock end of Feb so won't be truely done until then. Everyone has 1 bike that is "the one" this is mine...

Back