Show us what you did today, thread

velomaniac":a1dooz6v said:
Not technically done this today but doing it in increments. Dug out old Trek Y-3 and rebuilding slowly but now its dilema time, Grisley or Trek for Dunkeld :?
I want to ride Trek but I said I'd ride Grisley and neither are near completion :roll:
Further complicated by also incrementally building Diamondback Sorrento, Trek 9500 and Emmelle Dolomite, cant focus on just one build.........aaaarrrrrggggg !!!!!

None of us on here can concentrate on just one build. It's in the T&Cs when you sign up to the site.
If you want to bring the Trek then do it, you've got a month to get it ready, plus the half hour faffing time waiting on Rob turning up late :)

gmac123":2c16pggu said:
old_coyote_pedaller":2c16pggu said:
Forgot to update this, if anybody's interested, I got an apology from seller plus £20 into my PayPal account. :D
Seller acknowledged he'd learnt a lesson about being more careful describing and packaging items. He's happy, still has 100% +ve feedback and I'm happy that I can replace the effed bushes.:cool:

Result, good to see a happy ending on ebay

Velo, was hoping see that grisley

Just watched this http://www.owenphilipson.com/blog/2012/ ... qus_thread

400000 miles and many drum ups, quite the adventurer

Great videos 9 mths working 3 on the bike seems like a great set up. First part of the video is loch doon, nice part of the country.

yeah, I bet the fella knew some good tracks & trails.

would like to hear more of their rough stuff adventures. when I started out in with the cycling club in the 80s, winter sunday runs frequently involved a few miles off road. the snr members had a great knowledge of hill and farm tracks which was always quite exciting / challenging on skinny tryes :LOL: remember toppling over into a pile of cow pats on one occassion :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the drum up culture had left my club, being more a racing club, however we often met others drumming up, and spent some time by their fire whilst the older members caught up with their friends

doesn't seem that long ago, but a world away from now

clockworkgazz":3s3hckm0 said:
Great videos 9 mths working 3 on the bike seems like a great set up. First part of the video is loch doon, nice part of the country.

a pal of mine goes shooting & quadding down at loch doon, he actually mentioned it as somewhere he thinks would be good for the bike, with miles of tracks and trails. have you ridden there Gaz?

Yeah I did an overnight trip staying in a bothy with the two boys- riding up from loch doon. Will be going back soon to try out a loop that has a lot more singletrack, as the route I did was single road and then fire road in the main. But even that was good and the views were great- I had a good chat with a fella that kills grey squirrels for a living and he too recons there's a wealth of trails that would be "good on one of them push bikes things" :LOL:

P1000719_zpsa55dc8b8.jpg

Bit more done to the Pug

8393835927_fee8d19ce8_b.jpg

pretty certain the cockpit will be getting changed a bit.

Arggh. so much lovely stuff in that pic :D

Stem looks pretty big, on purpose or just on there because it's salsa? Short plain black stem plus red ano risers. Pugsley really looks good though. Did you build the wheels? I mind you drilling them...

Back