'97 Specialized stumpjumper m2

lrh":38t6rpke said:
Late 90s stuff gets no love around here but I'm hoping to prove that, with the right parts, stuff from 1997/1998 is the sweet spot between retro looks and modern performance ;)

That's very true. I really consider myself a lover of all things vintage and classic, on and off the bike, but the early to mid-nineties bicycles/parts are truly coveted (rightly so, mind you) whereas their later brethern seemingly get ugly duckling status :). Whereas, myself, I've always found that late-nineties stuff is equally as good, not to mention it has the comfort of 'modern' performance. It really does strike that fine line between form and function, for me at least.

It could well be nostalgia working in reverse for me, having obtained my first decently performing MTB's from this era ('97-'99). Hence, I fully understand the love of early MTB technology, particularly if you lusted for/owned it around the time.... Either way, I dearly want a Stumpjumper of this era :twisted:.

To be fair late 90s stuff often looks very dowdy with matt colours, garish decals, black tyres, ugly tubing, etc... But pick something with clean, traditional tubing, chuck on some amber/brown walls, nice stem, flat bars, tasteful forks...

Not sure about the pale blue on this one but it shows what you can do:

MTB001.jpg

Nice.

On that note i thought I would post a pic of my 98 :D

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 518
PS I have the same frame in 20.5 inch if anyone is interested...gonna post it in for sale section later.

Back