should i stay or should i go?!! honesty required! interview!

job

take the job ! and dont feel that you are leaving your boss in the shit, because its your life and you sound as if you have given him many years of reliable service, you need to make your own decision, its not allways about the money, but lets face it thats why we all go to work !!

well, cv went to my mates shift manager, then i phoned him for a chat the following tuesday morning, he seems like a good bloke and the chat was very positive, we both know alot of the same people and he lives about 500metres from me! not long after i got off the phone i got a txt off my mate saying he heard his manager had been chatting to me and that he'd said to him, seems like a good bloke etc we'll have him in for an interview at some point.

that was about 2 weeks ago, since then i helped my mate move house and 2 days later he goes back to start a day shift last sunday, his boss came in and said how did the move go and my mate said no probs coz i had helped him at which point manager said i should have some good news for him soon. i then got a text telling me that, so i'm just waiting at the mo.

basically it's one of those places that recommendation by an employee is a step up to getting in and judging by what i've heard they get a recommendation with a view to employing but then organize an interview with other people who have applied generally, they then make sure they ask numpties in for interview, the idea being "fairness"! meaning they have to be seen to advertise and interview a few people but then they pick me (hopefully), sounds abit ruthless but this way i supppose they maksure they're getting a quality workforce. we all know it goes on, it's nice to know that this time it appears to be working in my favour!

don't blame them for that really, i have never interviewed anyone for my mechnic's job i just ask someone i know is capable and available and say start as soon as you can, i'd quite happily discriminate from smokers etc so how am i any different, you'll always want the best you can get for your workplace.

will let you know more when i know more! cheers for the interest!! :D

got an interview on the 17th at 10 am! phoned me while i was riding in wales!

luckily i was at the top of mountain with good signal!

:D :D :D :D :D

still sort of dreading getting it though! mainly telling my current boss!

Good Luck on your interview. :D

If you land the job, make sure you insist to your interviewer on giving your current employer 2 weeks notice to help train your replacement. Most companies will respect that, and if they don't, do you really want to start a job with them? I hire(and fire) people, and it really twists my **** when someone just says "SEEYA", without any notice. :evil:

Anyway things change, and you can offer to help out at the old job on occasion. And be willing to train your replacement. Best not to burn your bridges, if you know what I mean.

Terry

i get paid weekly and my boss is so disorganised that i haven't got a contract of employment which does bug me so technically i could leave anytime with no notice but he's a mate so i'm gonna try and give him a month if that's ok with the new company, but definately 2 weeks minimum.

i could never be that wanky to someone, and besides i'm hoping he will want me around for part time stuff just to keep my hand in. also, i have 2 people in mind for the job already who are available with a similar notice period, don't want to see the boss struggling with no staff.

Good luck jonnyboy

Good luck with the interview jonnyboy.
You'll do fine.
Sounds like everyone here has their fingers crossed for you.
( no pressure then) :shock:

(I was going to say pulling for you, but we know how that would be taken) :roll:

Jamie

off for the interview!!! :shock: bricking it! got to be there for 9.45am! had a morning bowel movement so i'm sure i'll be ok! :LOL:

Back