Anyone ski/snowboard??

I live here...

page19-1001-full.jpg

So plenty of snow based fun in winter

And a lot of this in summer

France08216.jpg

Although I did dislocate my hip and knee about 3 years ago so don't get out on the sles as much as before'

highlandsflyer":35e1udwq said:
You should come up a look to the Scottish hills sometime, combine it with some biking.
where would you recommend in Scotland for boarding/skiing, obviously snow dependant?
a friend has been on about going up to Aviemore in the New Year for a long weekend boarding. His daughter has just started skiing too, currently having lessons at the snowdome in Tamworth and has taken to it like a duck to water.

I have managed to do a bit of boarding up in Brecon the past couple of years but its very tiring without chair lifts!!!

1979_61999621864_3907_n.jpg

highlandsflyer":1yzx23yq said:
http://www.rampantscotland.com/visit/bldev_visit_skiing.htm

Hopefully save my fingers!

All the venues are family/child friendly with lots of activities available.

Stay in Inverness rather than Aviemore, just half an hour but lots more pubs and clubs for the crack.

Easyjet flights cheap to Inverness too, B&Bs and hotel deals reasonable.

Thanks for the info!
I may look at coming up for the weekend between xmas and new year.
I suppose it just depends on the snow

First skied 6 years ago and been every year since - twice to Italy, once to France and 4 times to Austria.
Brilliant sport and a really good fun holiday.

Ski and SkiBike

I used to ski, did a lot of knee damage, got fixed, sulked for a decade, then got into skibobbing and skibiking. Now do about 75% skibiking and 25% skiing on sub 1m skis, see the links in my signature.
Where have I been? In no particular order; France, Scotland, Switzerland, Andorra and Austria.
Summary of Scotland here http://www.skibike.me.uk/p/skibike-scotland.html "imagines aut nunquam accidit"

Inzaman":2azi2bx5 said:
I too love skiing, I just wished we had Mountains in the UK.

I am off to Lapland with my wife and young boy in a few weeks for my 40th so will get some skiing in then.

I boarded Yllas in Lapland winter before last... Short hill but 4 sides to choose from and only £26 Euro for a day pass - loads of lifts with quick telecabins to get you to the top...

Latest posts

Back