Gobbing whilst on club-runs ?

twain":eex7uagc said:
i sometimes play a game of 'aim it at a passing drain cover' extra points for getting it between the grill for a clean entry :cool:.

Ditto, I work on a 5-10-20 point system for close-hit-straight through without touching the sides

twain":eex7uagc said:
an embarrassing (and sometimes unnoticeable) web of spit across ones cheek.

depends on the cheek :shock:
:LOL: :LOL:

G

John":1rf8n4cw said:
This one is always a problem on the club run, especially this time of year. You do need to be considerate for sure, one lad in the club I ride with is a notorious gobber to the point you don't want to ride behind him unless you want to be spat on.

One of my many pet hates is spitting, even to the point of getting into physical discussions about it. There is very very little need to spit at all unless you have a medical problem. If this lad spat anywhere near me he would be taking his teeth home in his hat.

Isaac_AG":2835u62h said:
I never come across the need to spit while riding, besides it would be unladylike :D

Alison

while i agree with this (for the most part) there is a reason the body brings it up to where it can be expelled!

On the occasional 'club run' I do, If I think I am going for a Bob Flemming extravaganza, I move to the back of the group, although, to be fair, I am usually there anyhow.

In this way I don't coat my cycling colleagues, or cause large scale crashes due to the copious amount of snot that tends to fall out of my face and onto the road.

It usually clears after the first hour or so :?

Following motorists usually think they have hit a patch of diesel or something.

Piperdave":2c7487hj said:
Surely the question here is spit or swallow...... :roll:

it is possible to do both you know....

big-daddy-loogie.gif

I spit a fair bit when exercising, I don't know why it builds up so much, but there is far too much to swallow, might be to do with my asthma. I always try to be considerate when I do need to spit.

Snot is a separate issue and that is why I like gloves with a lot of towelling on the back. (I'm no good at snot rockets)

twain":9g6a4st3 said:
Isaac_AG":9g6a4st3 said:
I never come across the need to spit while riding, besides it would be unladylike :D

Alison

while i agree with this (for the most part) there is a reason the body brings it up to where it can be expelled!

And there is a reason Mr. Kleenex became a household name.

dislike spitting, I think in almost all cases it is unnecessary. I'll leave it to the shell suit wearing special brew drinking types that leave our streets carpeted in a lovely slick film of diseased phlegm on a saturday night. Filthy bastards.

I guess I have never found myself in a situation on a bike where I feel it impossible to reach for a tissue should the moment require it.

I have been known to develop the urge to use a toilet whilst on a ride, I tend to pull over to do that too.

JeRkY":5fmptvy1 said:
I have been known to develop the urge to use a toilet whilst on a ride, I tend to pull over to do that too.

i thought that's why saddles have that hole cut in it these days - so you don't have to pull over...?

I've always found the most important safeguard when spitting is to check the wind direction first

Latest posts

Back