Lance Armstrong

dbmtb":2ha5rti9 said:
I fear this is now going to turn into mud-slinging at personal level.

Please prove me wrong.

Shut ya face.

al. :LOL: ;)

grahame":2istbgqb said:
2iscqxu.jpg

One of my current favourites, though it would have been even better if they'd changed the title to Chainspotting.

Love it!

My missus is using this as her screensaver at work.

al. :D

Has the time passed where the limit of human athletic achievement has reached it's zenith and what we are seeing now is artificially enhanced achievement?

For many experts have already said what we are as a species is the physically weakest we have ever been.

But the world of business is ongoing and business needs to shine to compete and so is the oft dirty world of business tainting human sporting achievement?

al":2u9horxv said:
grahame":2u9horxv said:
2iscqxu.jpg

One of my current favourites, though it would have been even better if they'd changed the title to Chainspotting.

Love it!

My missus is using this as her screensaver at work.

al. :D

WHY DOES YOUR WIFE FANCY HIM AL.....?

grahame":2d4u3e0m said:
No.

Miss Money Penny - my disappointment at your comment is as nothing to my disgust at the antics of LA that are coming out into the public eye, and to the willful ignorance of the LA accolytes who continue to defend him in the face of all the evidence.

:facepalm:

I THINK YOU NEED TO RE-READ THE POST MATE..... :roll:

I read the report the other day. In it, there is quite a lot that I have read before but some that is new and quite damning. I did start to wonder where the smoking gun was, but it serves its purpose as a piece of corroboration.

As I mentioned on a previous thread, its not yet over. the UCI can appeal this to the CAS, as could WADA. Noteworthy is that USAC (USAC, like the UCI previously argued that USADA didn't have durisdiction for the investigation) seems to be happy with sanctioning 5 individuals based upon the USADA report. These individuals had 'never tested positive', including his most loyal lieutentant, Hincape.

Hincape is the litmus test in this really - no-one had a bad word for him. He was never caught doing drugs and took Lance through all 7 winning tours, he was referred to by LA as 'like a brother'. If, as some argue, Hincape is lying or co-erced now, why? Couldn't they have banned him from cycling for life too, would it have made any difference? They couldn't imprison him unless he perjured himself between the Grand Jury and USADA testimony, the latter of which he could have likely refused to attend. The worst thing they could have done was ban him a year or two previously and with a reputed worth in the 10's of millions, he wasn't going to starve.

So, its not over. 26 people either sanctioned, implicated, testifying, pending arbitration or still under investigation and this is still growing.

One question - if the USADA arbitration wasn't an appropriate forum for Armstrong, why is Bruyneel going through it - the two have worked closely together all of his career - the charges against them are almost all the same.

Relevant to this case:
Johan Bruyneel has agreed a mutual separation from the RSNT team. http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/new ... laboration
Matt White has today resigned from his Director role at Orica GreenEdge and the AUS national cycling program. Admitted being on USPS doping program. Has apparently not spoken to USADA in relation to the case. http://www.news.com.au/sport/orica-gree ... z29AnQJa20
5 Riders already confirmed as sanctioned. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usa-cyc ... -teammates

sinnerman":t7tfdyme said:
grahame":t7tfdyme said:
No.

Miss Money Penny - my disappointment at your comment is as nothing to my disgust at the antics of LA that are coming out into the public eye, and to the willful ignorance of the LA accolytes who continue to defend him in the face of all the evidence.

I've re read Miss Money Penny's post, and it still reads to me as an attack on free expression.

grahame":3f9uc4be said:
sinnerman":3f9uc4be said:
grahame":3f9uc4be said:
No.

I've re read Miss Money Penny's post, and it still reads to me as an attack on free expression.

:roll: No mate, your post suggested to me that you thought she was defending him, i told you to re-read it, because SHE CLEARLY wasnt.

And im all for free expression too, but unlike you i dont have to go to the lowers levels as you by posting the crap you did, to demonstrate that expression.

Your opinion of the man is clear, its just a shame you couldnt express yourself, it a slightly more adult fashion, but then perhaps we went to different schools.

grahame":xupvb4j9 said:
No.

It is precisely because organisations like USADA are not prepared to let it drop that this is a GOOD thing for the sport of cycling.

Once people know that if they cheat, it will come out. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. And their ill-gotten gains will be wiped out. Maybe then they will start to realise that cheating is not worth it.

Dopers not only cheat the viewing public, but they steal. That's right, they are theives. Stealing prize money and titles from clean competitors.

This report and the ban for LA are good things for our sport. My only disagreement is with the discount on the bans for the confessed cheats. A reduction from 2 years to 6 months seems overly generous to me. 12 months would seem fairer.

We certianly have on some points an agreement Graham

It would be the epitomy of double standards to say boo yah druggies we are going to get you and ban you for life...and then within the next breath say...unless your one of our bitches then you can still race till the end of the season and then have 6 months off

It's that double standard that i have to disagree with on where you say it's good that the usda will not let it drop.

In many ways it promotes cheating...imagine a rider gets caught, knows a life ban possibly is coming and then remembers the benchmark the usda has just set..the rider thinks..I know I'll grass a few people up and I'll only get 6 months ban and even then only once the season has finished, hoorahh...they have very much set a rod for their own back

My own feeling also is that the usda are probably the biggest bullies within the sport determined to undermine also the uci in a way to promote themselves as the vanguard of truth and justice...given the previous paragraph it would be nigh on impossible to see that but they are hoping to give missdirection through it's all Lances fault, to hide their own wrongdoings

People will still see Lance as the greatest cyclist and promoter of cycling ever

Some others will see him as the biggest wrongdoer within the sport

Others will not be bothered because they have no interest in cycling

But I will think of this..if some think by dealing with a scapegoat retired racer who no longer competes will remove drugs from cycling...then they are more dellusional than the usda

sylus":3fp7oqbf said:
But I will think of this..if some think by dealing with a scapegoat retired racer who no longer competes will remove drugs from cycling...then they are more dellusional than the usda

But what it will do is send out a message that nobody is too big to not be caught and punished. And I think that is perhaps the aim of it.

Latest posts

Back