6 music

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
What the hell did the world do without it?

Just played Deborah by T-Rex, legends.

al. :D

THE best station. Unfortunately my new car hasn't got DAB, so I'm stuck with other stations when driving.

I've had the good fortune to play live on R6, on the Tom Robinson show. Great bunch of geezers, especially the sound engineers.

Re: ...

Agree. Generally on all day here at RB HQ.

ratbane":2kg5kmfb said:
THE best station. Unfortunately my new car hasn't got DAB, so I'm stuck with other stations when driving.

I've had the good fortune to play live on R6, on the Tom Robinson show. Great bunch of geezers, especially the sound engineers.

That's pretty cool!

Agree with all of the above. I remember the first time I found the station. Public Enemy followed by Ben Folds Five and then Jimi Hendrix. Sums up my musical taste quite nicely. ;)

And where else would you hear the Cardiacs? :cool:

6 music is the only station I listen to.

It's like John Peel reincarnated as a radio station without so much of the funny segues where John used to screw it up completely by playing stuff at the wrong speed :LOL:

Re: ...

John":8p8jsrea said:
Agree. Generally on all day here at RB HQ.

ratbane":8p8jsrea said:

That's pretty cool!

Yes it was a great experience. A dash up from South Wales to central London on an autumn Friday was exiting. Five piece band performing 5 songs live to about 1.5million people (or so TR said) was truly exciting. Highlight was seeing Steve Lamarq with a can of strongbow after his show, and beers in the bbc bar. I was hoping to see Bruce Dickinson whose show was after TRs, but alas it was recorded.

Andy B":375dnqe1 said:
6 music is the only station I listen to.

Same here. Not just good for giving the old stuff a dust-off, either - there's a good few bands of recent years (including British Sea Power, no less) I've discovered almost solely thanks to 6 Music.

David

firedfromthecircus":2q9kysfu said:
Agree with all of the above. I remember the first time I found the station. Public Enemy followed by Ben Folds Five and then Jimi Hendrix. Sums up my musical taste quite nicely. ;)

And where else would you hear the Cardiacs? :cool:

I'm of to see BFF in December! Cited!!!

Back