Amusing anti cyclist rant in local paper

Russell":2ixm9vdy said:
JamesM":2ixm9vdy said:
As car drivers would like us cyclists to pay road tax we should agree to it...

I have no problem with paying VED for my bikes as long as the criteria used to determine the annual charge is the same as used for motor vehicles.

We should lobby for it.

Taken slightly out of context there :roll:

Easy_Rider":3nqn90px said:
It's funny how he hasn't thought his own argument through, by the same reasoning pedestrians, wheelchair users also have facilities provided at great expense. I think perhaps a purpose built cycle bridge may not have been nessesary if there weren't people with his attitude driving on the roads.
In fact it isn't a purpose built cycle bridge anyway as it happens, it's a new footbridge that will also have a cycle lane. I doubt very much whether it would be being built if it wasn't primarily serving the needs of pedestrians!

JamesM":27l6vvkp said:
Russell":27l6vvkp said:
JamesM":27l6vvkp said:

I have no problem with paying VED for my bikes as long as the criteria used to determine the annual charge is the same as used for motor vehicles.

We should lobby for it.

Taken slightly too seriously there :roll:

Russell":2ox1jwbt said:
JamesM":2ox1jwbt said:
Russell":2ox1jwbt said:
JamesM":2ox1jwbt said:

We should lobby for it.

Taken slightly too seriously there :roll:

I said road tax not VED and it wouldn't be based on those things you said so it wouldn't be free. It needs to not be free so that us cyclist, the only people paying it, can lay claim to the roads and as I originally said everyone else can follow me at 12mph cus it's MY road. ;)

Back