Amusing anti cyclist rant in local paper

Wahoo I've got a free bridge, where am I going to keep that! I'm I bit concerned now though because if helmets are ever made compulsery I'll have to upgrade to supersonic, if I can't afford it I'll have to give up the sport of commuting to work!!!!

The clever dumb balance is restored. :facepalm:

Are they delivering the free bridges or are we collecting? Also I went online to get a supersonic helmet but they don't look like they should be worn on the head, they definitely go at abnormal speeds though.
Can my free bridge slope downhill please so I can practice on my Ltd

It's funny how he hasn't thought his own argument through, by the same reasoning pedestrians, wheelchair users also have facilities provided at great expense. I think perhaps a purpose built cycle bridge may not have been nessesary if there weren't people with his attitude driving on the roads.

Or you could simply point out that a lot of cyclists also have cars, so just because theyre not in the car at that time, doesnt mean they have no right to be on the road, i currently have two cars, both taxed, insured and mot'd and on the road at the moment, so by his logic does that mean i have twice the right to be on my bike on the road than he does, and therefore he shouldnt be on the roads instead, HA!

Or hows about if i wheelie my bike, that means i only have one wheel on the road and have four times the right to be on the road than he does :LOL:

Mwa- ha -ha! He doesn't know what he's talking about, surely real cyclists wear shorts not tights!
Seriously though, after the revolution when Rich Aitch becomes Lord Protector of our nation he'll be among the first to go to the salt mines for "Re-education".

My LBS had supersonic helmets in stock, so I picked one up. I'm having a bitch of a time finding ZR rated tires, though.

Always annoys me when they say cyclists should pay road tax, I'm pretty sure all cyclists pay the same road tax as all band A cars, just don''t have the paper coaster.

Back