Tenant not leaving

It could have been worse. My brother had a tenant that stopped paying rent. When he let himself in to check up on the place, the house was a cannabis factory.

Clearly the agent isn't doing his job - he is there to represent your interests and has failed. I would immediately get legal advice. Essentially the agent could be liable to pick up the tab for sorting this mess out.
Some really nasty solicitors' letters would be a good start.

hamster":euab8rky said:
Clearly the agent isn't doing his job - he is there to represent your interests and has failed. I would immediately get legal advice. Essentially the agent could be liable to pick up the tab for sorting this mess out.
Some really nasty solicitors' letters would be a good start.

I would be asking the agent what they are going to do to sort out the mess that they have (partially) made.

meh having had landlords steal deposits, put me in houses that aren't fit for habitation and generally try to be complete leaches...

That said i did have to turf some tenants out not more than a few months ago, them leaving wasn't the problem. Rather the infestation of bed bugs that they left behind them. They'd been treating the place like a squat and the clean up costs were more than the months rent deposit they had left, they even had the cheek to ask me for their deposit back even though the place was in a right state.

Welcome to the joyful world of property rental, where everyone is to blame in one way or another...sucks that it happened to you though, i feel your pain. Sometimes i wonder if its even worth the money, but with the percentages banks are paying its not really viable to put cash in the bank...not at the moment anyway.

Back