Hiya, new user.

winst0nsmith

Orange 🍊 Fan
Couldn't see an introduce yourself thread so posted in general, hope that works.
After the theft of me Raliegh Peak (modded to F as we all duid with our first), I bought a Scott of some discription, mainly for the RS Quadras on it as suspension was pretty new at the time and I was young and stupid, didn't last long before that was stolen too. Ended up with this as a replacement, pretty unique, she left the factory this way, 3 years after they stopped manufacturing rigid forks. That is the last ever set of rigid forks to leave the factory fitted to a bike, I lucked out bigtime! There are no other factory Evo 02 LE's out there, she is mine, she is unique, and I love her to bits.

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_1546236_rewind[1].jpg
    IMG_20220828_1546236_rewind[1].jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 30
Forks look bent and the brakes are at the back? what Peak did you have? was it blue or pink?
What's the odd looking gap on the fork where it meets the frame....well it looks a lot thinner

Last edited:
Forks look bent and the brakes are at the back? what Peak did you have? was it blue or pink?
What's the odd looking gap on the fork where it meets the frame....well it looks a lot thinner

I think it is just the angle of fork and picture, and the F8's do have the canti studs at the back, and again, i think it is just the angle of the crown.

Orange forks are a wee bit longer than normal so as not to mess with geomerty too much, they stopped making them when suspension finally took over. The back-front brake thing works when you think about it and don't mind de-gunking it more often, or use it as a gravel bike, aint ridden her offroad for years.

Peak was blue, early 90s, titanium bars, zoom stem, nasty gel saddle, LX all over.

I think it is just the angle of fork and picture, and the F8's do have the canti studs at the back, and again, i think it is just the angle of the crown.
I've just thought...😊 Shocking I know.....as the studs are behind you can run light aluminium bolts!

Thanks guys, I've lurked a bit, mainly checking out whatever I'm building at the time. Got a few in various states between disrepair and ready to rumble. In fact, if anyone wants to save a Marin Bobcat Trail, dunno what year, they're welcome to it, W Wales unfortunately mind. It's beyond me, sand blasting and respray, may even be a write-off. I'm keeping the wheels though, let a pair of Paralax hubs slip though me fingers before, never again!

Got a C16R recently too, way too cheap on ebay, frame's a bit of a state but it's cosmetic, throwing a load of XT on her, just because it was there and I've kept me Baby factory as much as possible. Still got OM bars, barends and drivertrain for the steely but taking her a bit more comfy for an every day rider, Baby's made of ali after all, can't have her snap on me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_1730421_rewind[1].jpg
    IMG_20220828_1730421_rewind[1].jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 3
Picked this up for a song on ebay too, think she's a 2000? appears factory original besides saddle, bars, chain and tyres, still got the dork disk on! Only given her a quick wash so far, was nice to ride until the forks started going clunk after hardly any travel. About to have a deeper delve and see wagwan but never worked on suspension before, at least the forks are springers.

Fork: Answer Manitou SX-R, 3.15" travel
Fork Materal: Aluminum/magnesium, triple-clamp crown

Rear Shock: Fox Float, 3.0" travel

Components

Component Group: Mountain Mix
Brakeset: Avid 1D-10 brakes, Avid SD-1.9 L levers
Shift Levers: Shimano Deore LX RapidFire SL
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT SGS
Crankset: Specialized Strong Arm 2 Comp, 22/32/44 teeth
Pedals: Specialized Comp
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-UN52?
Rear Cogs: 9-speed, 11 - 32 teeth
Chain: KMC X9?
Seatpost: Ritchey Expert, 30.9mm diameter
Saddle: Viscount VRT titanium
Handlebars: Easton EA70 Monkeybar
Handlebar Stem: Specialized alloy
Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Tange Seiki alloy

Wheels

Hubs: Specialized Micro STOUT
Rims: Mavic T221, 28-hole/32-hole (front radial laced)
Front: 26 x 2.15 Hutchison Toro
Rear: 26 x 2.15 Hutchison Toro
Spoke Brand: DT stainless steel, 1.8mm straight gauge
Spoke Nipples: Brass nipples

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_1545290_rewind[1].jpg
    IMG_20220828_1545290_rewind[1].jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 6
Back