rat attack (one for the airgun fans)

My_Teenage_Self":29dyrb9l said:
cyfa2809":29dyrb9l said:
Well thats fair enough. He has very good aim, just seems to enjoy a bit much eh!

Can't fault his aim, He's very good, but yes, i'm not comfortable with him enjoying it THAT much.

:(

Kind of what I was getting at.

They died????

I thought the fell asleep through boredom after listening to a northern accent :LOL:

saltyman":2zczkppg said:
nerves, rabbits do the same....

also, this vid shows you how badly overpopulated they become when they have food and
if a mother dies or cannot feed the young, other rats will help rear them....they are that succseful.

Just like humans then really.....

Tell me this, how many people a year in the UK die from diseases carried by rats ? How much money/income/tax is lost due to rats ? In comparison to smoking, alchohol, absolutely bugger all.
Overpoulation ? Pathetic justification used by those who get a hard on by reading Airgun World.

My_Teenage_Self":3pksa8yt said:
Those are very clean shots, the twitching is a normal nervous reaction.

FWIW, those Rats had zero awareness of the impact, and were dead before they realised it.

I can't stress enough that as a form of pest control, this is by far and away the most humane method when done properly (IMO, of course).

Jack Russell kills are neither stress-free, nor instantaneous.
JR kills are pretty much instant; they don't muck about, and they do ensure a kill. Nothing crawls away to die in agony.

What you need is a 4/10 shotgun. It's what my grandad (who's 85!) uses to keep Grey Squirrels "under control"..

He's a born-and-bred welsh farmer, so kind of has a 'no nonsense' approach to things. He was going to 'control' a resident Sparrowhawk in the same manner, until I advised him that it probably wasn't the best idea he's ever had. The Sparrowhawk lives to fly another day, much to the annoyance of my grandad who watches it from his kitchen window, and curses when it plucks a small bird off one of his feeders :LOL:

He decided on the 4/10 after he dusted off a squirrel with one of his Winchester 12 bores, and the clean up afterwards was a bit time-consuming ;)

Not a lot of use with rats though. I should imagine that the reaction of the rats to a BANG and one of their number disintegrating would be to head for cover and stay there.

Did you read those comments? Reading those it makes me not surprised that there are gun rampages in the US, my surprise is that there aren't at least one a day.

Tazio":1wa5iglg said:
Before the internet we would never have been aware of these nut balls.

Before the web you would met them at gun clubs :LOL: Or at Arnie films shown at the cinema

I live on the edge of a protected forest. Varmint problems are part and parcel with living here. The driving range around the corner has a concession stand. When they close for the season, the dumpster gets emptied for the last time, and the rats start looking for another food source. Late September the garage get's primed with spring loaded death. Nothing messes with my bikes/Rallye without paying the price.If I leave the back screen door open unattended for a second in the fall they make a dash for it, Still have bullet holes in the trim in my bathroom from the last running gun battle I was in with a rat that sneaked in.You mess with my space, you die. No remorse.

Latest posts

Back